Sunday, October 05, 2008

As if I wasn't already broke enough...:)...

...with this economy and all, I found out recently that I will become an aunt again next year, not one, but two more times! These babies will make numbers 18 and 19. I know, I know, my family is really busy right?!?...:)...All jokes aside, I absolutely love babies/kids, so I'm looking forward to meeting my new little buddies.

Speaking of little buddies, both of mine had auditions this past Friday (10/3) afternoon:

Game Show Promo Audition - WHAT'S MY LINE - 10/3/08 (Taya-Morgan)
Print Audition - MIRENA - 10/3/08 (Kenyah)

It took me roughly 6 hours to cart Taya-Morgan out to Burbank (where she wouldn't speak a mumbling word once in the audition room) and then fight traffic to Santa Monica to Kenyah's audition (where she hammed it up as per usual). It's funny how different the two of them are! Needless to say my friends screening, that I was scheduled to attend that night DID NOT happen. I was way too exhausted!

Yesterday (10/4), I cut my conventional learning short, and drove to Hollywood to attend a CD Workshop with Phaedra Harris. Remember back in August when I went to that SAG Screening to support a friend? Well, she came and sat next to me during the Q&A, and I ended up giving her one of my cards. So, when I saw her name come through the CD Workshop circuit, I signed up for the class. It was really, really informative, and she gave my partner and I some great pointers during our scene. After class, she mentioned that she had intended to call me in to read for her after I'd given her my card, but the part ended up going to someone else before she could do so. Goes to show that you really have to take advantage of every opportunity when you're in the right place at the right time! Hopefully I'll get to read for her soon!...:)...

Lastly, and certainly not least, I ventured out into Hollywood nightlife last Wednesday (10/1), to attend the Wrap Party for a webseries that I'm a new fan of. It's called LIFE, LOVE, AND HOLLYWOOD. I really think it's a great concept, that has been wonderfully executed. Not only can I relate to a huge chunk of their story lines, but I really love to see people put a vision in motion. It's very inspiring for me. I met some new friends that night, and also ran into a fellow blogger friend who I'd never met in person! (It was very nice to "meet" you in real life Angel Oquendo, and congrats again on your most recent booking!) Be sure to check out the First Season of LLH when you have a chance, and let them know what you think. Hey, maybe they'll ask me to join them for an episode or two next season, you never know!...:)...

S.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed your play! So many good things going on and I've just been run down.

    Check out my blog. I've given you blog love! :)

    ReplyDelete