Friday, October 17, 2008

Wait...WHAT was I thinking over?!?...

TV Audition – CRASH – 10/15/08
TV Audition – IN PLAIN SIGHT – 10/16/08
Student Film – MEG’S RINGS – 10/18/08
VO Audition - STEIN MART - 10/20/08
Student Film - UNTITLED - 10/21/08

This was to be my "think it over" week. I’d had several discussions with industry friends over the last few days, and I was really considering taking this hiatus thing on for size. So now, I’m thinking that somewhere along the way, I must have kicked up some positive energy dust. Of course that would happen right?!?...:)...No complaints here! For the TV Auditions I have to put myself on tape for them, because they're both shot in New Mexico, and as you can see by the student films, I've recently starting submitting myself again, and doing a few drop offs.

Speaking of putting myself on tape. On Tuesday (10/14) night I attended a SAG Foundation Workshop with Ms. Bonnie Gillespie, and it turned out to be perfect timing! One of the things she discussed in depth was the idea of putting yourself on tape for an audition, how it's becoming more and more popular in Hollywood, and some specifics on how to go about doing it. Bonnie is a really cool lady. She's actually been my "cyber buddy" for sometime now. It's always nice to see people who are so willing to share what they know with the rest of us! Quick plug: If you don't already know, Bonnie is also a published author who has written several books about our industry! You can check them out here.

So today, not only am I working on the IN PLAIN SIGHT audition, but I'm also off to pencil in some more "think it over" weeks in my schedule. Please wish me many broken legs!

P.S. Don't think I'm too far back out there. I'm still looking for a day job, and that's an exhausting task all in itself!

See ya...

Shenita.

5 comments:

  1. l love it when you start making big decisions and the universe tells you what you should really be doing. Good luck with the day job hunt. I can give you some suggestions on what I did (and I have teh best day job ever!) Email me when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the plug, Shenita. It was so nice to get to connect with you at the SAG workshop (and your work is amazing. So funny)!

    I had no idea you were mulling over a hiatus. Boy, I understand that! I agree with Hollie about the universe and its responses to our questions about where we should be spending our energy. :)

    Good luck on the job hunt and I look forward to casting you soon!!

    Cheers,
    -Bon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean at the SAG FOUNDATION workshop... thanks! Rufino Cabang / SAG Foundation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I appreciate the love and support so much ladies. And Rufino, thanks for the correction!...:)...

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete