Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Really, Where Does the Time Go?...

So, if you've been reading my blog for any amount of time now, you know that the only way I can really keep it short and sweet is by using bullet points, so that is what I shall do!...:)...
  • A couple of weeks ago I attended a joint screening at SAG for the short film THE TIES THAT BIND and the feature film KINGS OF THE EVENING, in support of a friend of mine, Victor Orlando, who played percussion on the KOTE sound track. The films were really good, and so was the Q&A that followed! I've attached some photos from the evening. In the photos, I'm with Emmy Nominated Glynn Turman, Karen Malina White, and Living Legend/Emmy Award Winner Marla Gibbs.
  • Started my rehearsal for TRACKS last weekend. (Yes, I accepted the role!) Fortunately my rehearsal schedule is abbreviated. Partly because I already have way too much going on, and mostly because I have the smallest role in the play. Be that as it may, that still hasn't stopped me from constantly reminding myself exactly how long it's been since I've been away from the stage, (Almost 6 years, to be exact!) and how much of a nervous wreck I could potentially be on opening night. Ya'll make sure you send some serious prayers skyward on my behalf between now and the 12th, PUUUUHHHLEASE! (Show info coming soon.)
  • Had Orientation for school last Saturday. Nuff said about that. It's been even longer since I was in a classroom learning something other than "How to Get an Agent," "How to Break Down a Scene," and "What Not to do During an Audition."
  • I thought my new demo reel would be done last week, but we had a few setbacks. Hopefully it will be done in the next day or so.
  • Still no duplicates of my braided shots yet. Money has been tight. What can I say? I gotta get them in soon though. I know the fall season has already started without me.
  • Took some homemade headshots of Taya-Morgan. I think they're pretty cute. Speaking of Taya-Morgan, she'll be starting a new "arts related program" at school this year. I'm really, really excited for her!...:)...
  • Behind on SAG dues, so no free screenings as of yet. It really stinks to finally be a part of SAG's Nominating Committee and not be able to enjoy the benefits!
  • Really surprised that my LAUP radio spots haven't started airing yet. I did get them emailed to me though. Once I have time I am going to create a Voice Over page on my website and put all of my VO clips on there. I'll post a note on here, so that you guys can drop by and give me your thoughts.
  • I SAW: Tasha Smith in my hood today, and Jawn Murray a couple of weeks ago.

Lastly, still looking for a day job....:(...


Signing Off,

Nita.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The braids look great and I think that you definitely havfe a future in headshot photography. I can't believe how big your daughter has gotten since I started reading your blog. And I can't wait to see your play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the continued support Hollie, and congrats again on your recent booking!...:)...

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete