Sunday, July 02, 2006

Getting my Kicks on Route 66...

I’m about 90% satisfied with how things went on Friday. I got there on time, which in this industry often means you’re late. So, I was relieved to find out they were a little behind schedule. I took a seat next to the rest of the eager hopefuls, and flipped threw an old issue of BSW until it was my turn to go back.

Once on the chopping block, things progressed as I expected them to. I was asked for my h/r, asked to perform my monologues, asked several questions, and then asked if I had any questions for them. Other than being a little disconnected while doing my second monologue (which could have to do with the fact that I memorized it the day before) - Side Note: I know, I know, I didn’t expect to get an audition so soon after contacting them... but I guess I should stay ready right?!? - I’d say my performance, even when I was unexpectedly asked to sing a few bars of a song, went really well. I can’t honestly say that I know which way things are going to go, but I think I scored a few brownie points in that I sat before them eager to get to work only 4 weeks after giving birth. I don’t know though, hopefully they won’t see that as a hindrance. (Of course my family does, and always will come first, but if I’m telling them I’m ready to work, I hope they believed me.)

I had a quick chat with my NM agent just before I left for the audition, double checking whether or not my timing was right to make the trek out there next weekend. We chatted briefly, and she promised to provide more details in her response to the e-mail I sent her earlier in the week. The e-mail was waiting for me when I checked my in box this morning, and to my surprise, she disclosed that in addition to the Orlando Bloom project, I had been requested several times, for several different projects, last month. This news only makes me that much more eager to get there! Let’s just hope all that love continues.

In addition to announcing my arrival to the local CD’s, I have a small list of things I need to get done before I head East, some of which include paying my dues (which were due months ago) and FINALLY getting duplicates made of my Demo Reel. I gotta stop this waiting-until-the-last-minute crap. You’d think I’d have learned my lesson by now! I’m just praying to the one who sits on high, that if I need it, I can apply for, and obtain, a last minute passport in N.M.
If not, I’m completely, and utterly, screwed. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind post Shenita! I love reading your blog because you are so proactive. The next time I make excuses about not doing my preparation or getting my mailings out, I'll think about all the stuff you have going on (hello a newborn!!!) and I'll get myself busy stuffing those envelopes. I'll cross my fingers that you hear good news from the manager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hollie. I really appreciate it! Just as I thought I wasn't doing quite enough...:)...

    - Shenita

    ReplyDelete