Thursday, June 29, 2006

Where does the time go?

I can not believe it's been a year since I started writing this blog! Boy, how time flies. A LOT, and I mean A LOT, has happened since my very first entry. LIFE has happened. This morning we got an early phone call that my husband's aunt had died. (Death always makes you put things in perspective.) She'd been sick for years, but the loss is still devastating. I cried deeply when my husband woke me up with the news, not because she's gone, because I'm happy that she's not in pain anymore. I cried deeply because (if you remember) I talked several weeks ago about going to visit the sick and shut in, and I never got a chance to do it. She was one of the people I wanted to go see. I never got to say goodbye to her. I feel bad about that. I just pray that she knows that we cared for her, and that we will miss her very much.

Switching gears, and on a lighter note:

Last weekend, I got some information about a Series Regular role that I really want to be seen for. I sent my L.A. agent a couple of e-mails asking her to pitch me for it. I also did a drop off for it earlier this week, so we'll see. It's not looking likely that I'll read for it since its Thursday now, but at least I did my part.

On Tuesday, I followed up the commercial packets I sent out last week, only to be told the usual: "We'll call you if we're interested," or "We're not looking for any new talent right now." If only they knew who they had on the other end of the phone...:)...oh well, their loss(es)!

In preparation for my trip, I've compiled a list of current projects in NM. There are not very many compared to what's on the horizon here, but there's enough to keep me busy if I have the opportunity to get seen for everything while I'm there. I sent my agent in NM an e-mail letting her know that I intend to be there 7/10 thru 7/31. (That is if a booking doesn't materialize here.) What are the odds though? All I hear are crickets as of late.

To end with some good news:

I scored with the second manager I e-mailed last week. They had me call in to set up an appointment. I go in to audition for them tomorrow (6/30). I'm feverishly dusting the cobwebs off my monologues, it's been a while, a long while since I've done them. Wish me luck. (I told ya'll I was going to shake some things up this summer.)

I was flipping through the most recent TV Guide today and came across a little blurb about GREY'S ANATOMY that really excited me. In anticipation of the show moving to Thursday nights this fall, ABC will air back to back episodes of Seasons 1 and 2 on Thursday's AND Sunday's. That means 4 episodes a week, which means a high probability that the two episodes I'm in will air a couple of times this summer. It also looks like they will air an occasional episode on Saturday's as well. Woo-who! Can you say RESIDUALS?...I like the sound of that.

Mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment