Thursday, June 22, 2006

Research, Research, Research...

Okay, it's on. My goal is to research ALL of the projects that will make there way through NM next month. This is where my IMDB PRO subscription should come in handy. My husband and I have decided that it would make sense for me to spend AS MUCH of July in NM as I can, so that I can focus on the fall season here in L.A. when I return in August. Right now, the plan is to leave just after the 4th of July, and remain there until the end of the month. That's two weeks from now! If this materializes as planned, I have A LOT to do before then. My girls would come with me, which means lots and lots of preparation on their behalf as well. One of my sister's will meet me there with her kids, so that she can help me out should I need it. (Hopefully I will!) To the kids, it will be a summer vacation of sorts.

Speaking of my girls. Here they are. Aren't they beautiful?...:)...I'm only posting these photos of them because some folks have inquired about my newborn, and what she looks like. (The photo of her was taken just hours after she was born. The photo of my soon to be 4 year old was taken about a month ago.) I should admit that yes, I'm the typical over protective parent, so this will probably be one of very few photos of them that I ever post online.

It's been a week since I told my agents I was ready to go back out, and surprise, surprise, nothing yet! So today I sent out 4 packets to Commercial Agents. I'm hoping to pick up a new one before I leave next month. The theory is that I can hit the ground running (at least commercially) when I return in August. I also e-mailed two local Managers, one of which already replied, saying I conflicted with two girls she currently reps. Oh well, onward and upward.

Nita.

3 comments:

  1. Shenita, They are beautiful!!!....A belated CONGRATULATIONS on the new little one :)...Wishing you're growing family much happiness!!!...Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like reading your blog. It's great to see someone so proactive (and with a family too!) I guess you prove that you can have a family and a career if you're willing to juggle it and have good help of course.I hope you don't mind my asking a question here. Do you simply email managers and see if they'd be interested? Just curious if that works as well as mailings. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Yes Hollie, I usually e-mail managers. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever mailed a packet to a manager. (But, everyone does things differently, you'll have to do what works for you.)

    Visit www.talentmanagers.org for more information about managers and their e-mail addresses.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete