Thursday, June 15, 2006

We're home! Thanks for all the WELL WISHES!

Last Thursday night (6/8) I arrived home with my new little mama. Whew, what an event! Let’s just say, I’m in love! Again! She is so beautiful and perfect. Cedars Sinai has always been good to us, so everything worked out. We managed to squeeze our birth in between the Gwen Stefani baby, the Mira Sorvino baby, & the Jack Black baby, so there wasn’t any drama while we were there. So now my family and I are home, and trying to settle into our new routine as a foursome. Dirty diapers, spit up, and sleepless nights are definitely going to take some getting used to again.

While in the hospital, my NM agent called to ask if I’d fly out to audition for a role in an upcoming Orlando Bloom flick, a period piece that will be set in Oklahoma. Of course this peaked my interest, but I had to explain to her that I’d just given birth 5 days prior. (For some reason, she thought I’d given birth a while ago.) At any rate, we couldn’t work anything out (as far as me sending tape, or me coming out a little later this month) so I had to pass on it. It’s all good though, I’m sure more will come, since she says I was requested...:)...Lord willing, I’ll be out there next month, and I’ll get seen for a slew of things.

Just after arriving home last week, during a late night feeding, I caught my first glimpse of the Starbucks commercial I’d auditioned for several weeks ago. Remember the VO where I had to sing? Needless to say, I didn’t get booked on it, but after watching it, it seems like NO ONE booked it. I think they went with their original idea of having REAL singers sing the jingle instead of amateurs. Bummer, woulda been a nice pay day.

I’ve mentioned it before, and will mention again, that I’m compiling a list of AGENTS/MANAGERS to submit myself to. I’d like to do a mailing by the end of this month. I’m still working out how I’m going to make some serious changes, and shake things up this summer, and a new rep just might be the ticket.

Since my last encounter with THE MANAGER I’d been “wooing” for some time, I decided to focus my efforts in another direction. Unfortunately, some things have come to light, and I don’t think our working relationship would be one that I am interested in. I’m sooo leery of managers, as I’ve had several in the past who completely took advantage of me. Hopefully my next one, IF there is a next one, will be one that I can build a long lasting partnership with.

I’m cutting my Maternity Leave (from acting) a little short. I want to dive back into auditioning as soon as I can, so I will be sending my agents an e-mail tonight letting them know that I’d like for them to start submitting me again ASAP. Who knows, I probably won’t get seen right away, especially since things are so slow right now, but at least my face will be out there again. I’m due to go back to my day job on Wednesday (8/16), and I just feel like I have a lot to do before then.

Mini Updates:
  • The Variety ad will hit stands on Friday (7/21).
  • The book: "Who's Who Of Stage And Screen" Volume 2 is on its way to the publishers.
  • Still no word on the BRINGING HOME BABY air date.

That's all for now.

G.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!

    Very happy for you and your family! Make sure you post some pics. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete