Monday, May 22, 2006

Just Chillin...

Wednesday was a lot of fun! Doing the UCLA study really helped me to reflect on my career and goals. I’m happy that I did it.

I went back and forth about Thursday night because I ended up being really tired that day, probably because I’ve been cleaning like a mad woman. Nesting, they call it. (Initially I was supposed to attend a PAIN MANAGEMENT class on that evening, but after calling the hospital earlier in the week, I realized I’d already taken the class back in 2002 when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter.) So, I cancelled the pain class, and opted for the Q&A. I’m glad I did, because I ended up having a great conversation with Robin Nassif afterwards. We talked about the olden days, and she showed me pictures of her boys. (Who are now pre-teens.) I told her I’d be sending her a packet, and that I would love to come in and meet with her and Patrick Baca sometime next month, after I’ve had my baby.

So, it looks as if my Maternity Leave from acting might not last that long...:)...which is fine with me. My goal is to make as much paper as I can acting this summer so I don’t HAVE to go back to my day job in mid-August.

My husband is always telling me I “just need to sit down somewhere!” But I can’t. I get bored REALLY fast. I’m not sure if it’s the SAGITTARIUS in me, or the fact that I take after my dad, who is a complete workaholic!

I had a Dr’s appt this morning, and made yet ANOTHER trip to Target. (Quite possibly my 10th this month alone.) Two weeks to go until the big day! This baby is really hanging in til the end.

Since I’m sure I’ll finish cleaning and sorting my home within the next couple of days, I told my husband, come mid-week, I’m going to start visiting the people on my church’s sick and shut-in list. (Something that I wish I had more time to do as part of my normal routine.) I’ve always loved being around older people, and just hearing the stories they tell about things that occurred before I was born really blows my mind. I can remember many a summer day sitting in my grandma’s HOT Alabama kitchen, watching her cook greens and cornbread or black eyed peas and fried okra, as she told me stories about my mom and her siblings. I miss those days. I hope to have those days with my grandchildren one day, AND I hope they enjoy them as much as I did.

Nita G.

1 comment:

  1. Shenita, 2 more weeks...I don't know how you women do it...Guy's sure have it easy....Happy Belated Mothers Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete