Tuesday, May 16, 2006

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST...

Thank GOD almighty! I'm FREE AT LAST!

Today officially marks the second day of my Maternity Leave. Yes, I made it!

Now there’s only three weeks to go until my due date. However, I’m inclined to believe that I won’t go that long. We’ll see. So far my days have been spent going to my Dr’s office, running errands, and getting my hair braided again. (FYI…Most black women find braids to be much more manageable than our own hair at times. Especially when there is a baby on the way!) So I will be rocking these for a minute or two. All black this time. Don’t worry, the fro will make its appearance sometime this summer.

If you will, allow me to back track for a moment. Friday before last, on Cinco de Mayo, I attended a surprise birthday bash given for one of my web buddies, Tanika Brown McKelvy. It was a lot of fun, and it’s always quite comforting to kick it with fellow solders in the struggle. At Tanika’s I got to meet another web buddy, Melissa Madison, and Tanika introduced me to some of her other friends while I was there. I missed getting to chat with Stephon though, he came after I'd left. Drats! The next day, Tanika and her daughter invited me and my daughter out for lunch in honor of my little bun in the oven. We munched on tacos, and continued some discussions that’d gotten underway the night before.

Last week was spent working overtime trying to get my desks at work, and at home, situated. In the midst of it, I got an e-mail from a professor at UCLA asking if I’d like to be interviewed for a dissertation project (that will be published as a book) that she is writing about professional actors. Cool! (My friend Del referred me to her.) I agreed to it, and we are supposed to meet tomorrow morning (5/17) to do the 1 hour interview.

On Thursday night (5/18) I’ve RSVP’d for a Q/A with Robin Nassif and Patrick Baca. I know, I know, I am supposed to be taking it slow, but here’s an interesting story, and the reason why I really want to go to this event. I have NEVER been to that office for an audition, but if I can get close enough, I will most certainly ask Robin if she remembers me from way back when, when I used to baby sit her kids, and hobnob at her home, during my days with DTG (formerly known as The Chris Nassif Agency). Maybe THAT will change things, and they’ll start calling me in over there...:)...I can only hope.

P.S. I’m sure you’re wondering whatever happened to BRINGING HOME BABY, well we decided not to pursue it, BUT you should still be able to see us on my in-laws episode. I will keep you posted as to when it will air.

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. I signed up for that Q&A, but was too pooped to go. How was it??

    Yes...you SHOULD be resting. Hollywood ain't going nowhere. :-)

    ReplyDelete