Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco de Mayo...

Not much going on these days in my neck of the woods, just trying to wrap things up at my day job, which is usually when I blog, before next Friday (5/12). Next Friday is my last day of work, before the start of my 3 month maternity leave. Thank you Jesus! I am so excited. I CAN NOT wait! Getting up and out the door for work each morning is torture. Once on leave, I’ll have two whole weeks filled with R&R before my baby comes. Okay, not necessarily R&R because I'll still be making the final preparations for her arrival, but the cool thing is, I will consume myself with home life. That should give me more than enough time to get things done.

You know what’s funny? I’m planning all this, and my baby could come tonight if she wanted to. I am 9 months (or 36 weeks) pregnant right now, so she could come at any time. (Lord knows enough people have commented on the fact that I am “SO HUGE”, and “That baby just ain’t gonna stay in there another four weeks!”) Let’s just hope she’ll at least wait until AFTER I get my hair braided again, and AFTER my PAIN MANAGEMENT class at Cedars Sinai, both of which are scheduled during my first week of leave.

I was fortunate enough to have had 2 baby showers this week. They were both glorious. My husband and I are truly blessed to have so many people that care about us. We got so much stuff. One of the showers was given by my friends at church, the other was a surprise diaper shower given by my co-workers. So, it looks like we’re good to go!

In acting news, my theatrical agent sent out an e-mail sometime ago asking clients (who had some measure of success in 2005) if they’d like to be a part of an ad she wants to place in an upcoming issue of the Variety. I agreed to do it, so sometime in July, not sure when yet, you should see me in the Variety. Hopefully it will drum up some interest in me for the fall season. Actually, it's going to cost a pretty penny, so it better drum up something!...:)...

In July I will be one month or so postpartum, so I will have to do some serious working out to get myself back in shape. I mean, I’m not gonna go crazy like some celebrities do, but I have to keep in mind that I’d like to jump back on the scene ASAP. So I gotta be ready. I also plan to take that 2 week trip back to New Mexico in July so that I can do some auditioning there, so I gotta be ready for that too. I’ll probably start out with walking, and lifting some light weights. As well as, steering clear of the foods I’ve come to adore during this pregnancy.

In addition to so many other things, new pictures will be on the agenda for this summer. I plan to shed the braids for a natural look. Afro’s have always been the IN thing in Los Angeles. I don’t know what ever made me get rid of mine in 2002, but I think I’m ready to have it back.

My blog of choice these days: Celebrity Babies. I'm obsessed.

SGKM

3 comments:

  1. R&R sounds good.
    R&B on the radio.
    At a B&B.
    With some M&Ms.
    From the A&P.

    Seriously, may you and your child be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shenita!

    Just thought I'd stop by on your first Monday off work and see how you're doing! I hope everything goes well in the next few weeks, and that you are blessed with an easy delivery :) I'm getting new headshots done Wednesday, so check my blog in a week or so to see them. By the way, the braids look great on you, but I'm always a fan of natural Afros. If my hair did that, I would be ecstatic!

    Have a wonderful Monday!

    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your kind words! Everything is still moving along as planned.

    P.S. Good Luck with the pictures Emma.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete