Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What a Hip-Happy Hump Day!

My hubby knows that I am one of those types of people who gets REALLY leery when a lot of things are going my way. I automatically think something bad is going to happen to me or the people I love. He tells me I'm just afraid of success. I think he might be on to something.

Yesterday I called SAG and found out I will in fact get $$ from sales of the GREY'S ANATOMY: Season 1 DVD. I'm sure it won't be much, but hey, it's more than what I have right now! So if you like the show as much as I do, go pick up the 1st Season today. Help a sister out. Ya'll know I got a baby on the way!

I followed up with my New Mexico submissions, and so far I have scheduled three more meetings with agents there. I talked to an actor friend in Albuquerque earlier this week, and she suggested I proceed with caution. According to her, a lot of the agencies have gone down hill as of late, and many of them are no longer franchised. That's surprising since the industry is really booming in New Mexico right now. She suggested I take on an agent in Santa Fe. We'll see, one of the agents I'm meeting with is in Santa Fe. I'll definitely meet with everyone and see what they have to say, and then make my final decision next week, once I'm back home.

Monday night I completed the two part Marketing Workshop I was taking with Clair Sinnett. I talked to her after class, and she suggested that I definitely market my pregnancy. I'd thought about it late last year, but then decided against it. I think I might re-visit the idea in March when my plate is a little less full. Take a few snapshots of my tummy, and get some postcards made.

Yesterday I was finally able to have a conversation with the talent manager I’ve been talking about for weeks now..:)...She’s really cool. We ended up talking for about ½ hour. She asked THE question: “So tell me about yourself?” (At that point I was really wishing that I’d applied myself a little more during Clair’s workshop.) At any rate, I got through it, and we ended up talking about my goals, the new baby, and GREY’S ANATOMY. Turns out she’s really good friends with Shonda Rhimes, the creator of the show. If I happen to sign with this manager, I definitely predict more calls from them in the future! She asked me to e-mail her a few things, and told me she’d be in touch to set up a face to face meeting. I’m keeping my fingers tightly crossed.
Speaking of GREY'S ANATOMY, still no word on my exact shoot date. I'm fairly certain it will be sometime next week, which would work out perfectly.

Click Here to see the recent BackStage West article I've been talking about.

Click Here to see the Coretta Scott King Funeral Program I promised last week.

P.S. I hope you all had a spectacular Valentine's Day yesterday!

P.S.S. Yesterday was my Wedding Anniversary too...:)...4 years and counting. I love you baby!

Tomorrow morning I’m off to Albuquerque. Please pray that I make it there and back safely.

Bye-Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment