Monday, February 13, 2006

Booked! GREY'S ANATOMY...

Or better yet, I should say "Pinned!" I got a late night call from my agents office on Friday saying that the folks over at GREY'S ANATOMY wanted to "pin" me from 2/14 thru 2/24 to come back and shoot another episode. I am so elated. Apparently they are fine with the fact that I'm pregnant. Woo-who!...

It's funny because just last Tuesday I'd sent an e-mail to my agent asking her if she could give them a call, because I'd remembered my first time being on the set that there was a pregnant woman in the scene with me (her character wasn't "supposed" to be pregnant), and they had no problems with it. And after I noticed Chandra Wilson's real pregnant belly this season, I knew the cards were stacking up in my favor. Needless to say, I guess I'll never know if my agent actually followed up my request, or if they just happened to call out of the blue. Either way, I'm happy, happy, happy. I'm trying to stay under the radar with my happiness though, until I'm actually there to tape it, because us actors know anything can happen, even up to the very last minute. At any rate, it's nice to know that they are still thinking of me! That show is on fire right now.

The old actor's tale about how "as soon as you purchase an airline ticket," has come true again! It's all good though, I told them I would be willing to change my travel arrangements if need be. Besides I think having to reschedule because of something like this would only "impress" the NM Agents/CD's anyway. At any rate, I'm going to go forward with my trip as planned, until I hear something differently. Which means I will have to get on the horn today and follow up those hard copy submissions I sent out last week with a phone call.

Thirteen hours this time around for the braids. They look cute. I'm rocking a black w/hints of red type of deal. My daughter got her hair braided too. She got cornrows, so hers only took an hour. Of course she's walking around thinking she's "da bomb" now! Too cute.

Tonight I go back for the second half of the Marketing Workshop I started last week. Of course I haven't had time to put any of the homework together. I'm gonna get on it though. I'd hate to show up to class empty handed.
Haven't heard back from the talent manager yet. I will try her again tomorrow if she doesn't call me back today.

Well, I think that's it for now. More to come as things develop this week.

P.S. Thanks for the good vibes Tanika, and I'm glad your sister is doing better.

Aloha Kãkou

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement!

    I got a phone call, so I had my sister post my resume, and unfortunately she forgot to eliminate the sensitive information. Luckily, I just caught it, and all is well.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete