Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My 3rd trip to Grey's Anatomy...

Boy, was it hard for me to go back to my day job today!...

I had so much fun on the set yesterday, probably the most fun I’ve EVER had on a set. Everyone was ultra nice, so down to earth, and you could tell they love working together. The director we worked with, Tricia Brock, was really nice too. When we met, she told me a character in her last project was named Shanita. How ironic is that?!?

It turns out Tricia’s a perfectionist, so we ended up shooting the scene I was in at least 40 times from about 7 different angles. As a result I wasn’t released until around 11:00am, and because of that, I spent an amazing amount of time with the cast, which I definitely WAS NOT mad about!

We talked about everything under the sun: education, Hollywood icons, Curling (the Olympic Sport), superstardom, babies, rigor mortis, love scenes, gum, scene study, etc. You name it, we talked about it. “Seriously.” (Pun intended.) They had me laughing all morning long.

I got to talk to Chandra Wilson about her new baby, and to Sandra Oh about how tough it's going to be to find a good school for my kids, why we'd never met before, and when I’d possibly be coming back to do the show again. (Sandra proclaimed: “They could get you back here at least one more time before you have your baby right?” I responded by saying, “Yeah, but they’d have to get me some bigger scrubs, so I’m not sure!” I said that because I could barely squeeze my pregnant hips into the pair they’d given me. Sandra thought that was so funny.)

I talked to Ellen Pompeo and T.R. Knight about their new found fame, and I praised new comer Sara Ramirez for her wonderful debut performance on Sunday night. T.R. explained to them that he and I knew each other from back in the day, and went on to make the public announcement that he’d be bringing in our POWERTEL commercial so that we could share it with the cast and crew next time I was on the set. (Can we say embarrassing?!?...:)...) Mary Kay Place and Annie Morgan rounded out the visiting cast on set yesterday. They were both sweet as pie as well.

I felt extremely blessed to be living out my dream yesterday.

I was so sad to leave, but alas, my work was done. Many of them said they couldn’t wait to have me back, so hopefully somebody will mention my name to the “people who bring people back” so that I can come back a little more often, and maybe, hopefully, score a more prominent role like Moe Irvin’s or Sarah Utterback’s. We’ll see. At this point, I just feel fortunate that I’m even thought about round those parts.

I talked to the Talent Manager yesterday once I’d gotten home, and we scheduled an appt to finally meet tomorrow afternoon (3/1). I just realized this morning though that I have a Dr’s appt tomorrow, so I had to reschedule with her. (Gotta make sure all is well with my baby!) We will meet either later this week, or sometime next week.

The scene that Tann and I had planned to do for Pam Dixon next Monday is a no-go. Apparently we didn’t call early enough to make the list as we thought we had. We found out yesterday though that Pam will be back in April, and we would be added in for that workshop. It’s kind of a relief. I know we are both crazy busy this week. Among many other things, I have a house guest all week long. My 3 year old nephew! My daughter’s having a blast, but my husband and I are completely pooped!...I am certain this experience is prepping us for what’s soon to come. 2 kids!...

I sent my packet of headshots to my New Mexico agent today. I had to confess to her that I was still working on getting my demo reel duplicated, and I’d be sending them to her as soon as I could.
More later.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! It sounds like you had a blast filming. I dream of being on Grey's Anatomy someday, but I don't think I'm as well-established as you are, and I don't think that job will come any time soon. I'm hoping on getting into pilot season this time around. Anyway, congratulations! I love your blog, and I'll look for you on upcoming episodes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma. Thanks for checking out my blog, and thanks for the compliments!

    As an actor, you have to remember, don't sell yourself short. Always aim for the top, and amazing things will surely happen.

    Shenita.

    ReplyDelete