Saturday, February 25, 2006

It's Saturday night, and I'm blogging...

So I got a call from production this afternoon, my call time for Monday is 5:00am. Yikes! It’s the first scene of the day. I can do it though. I WILL do it. If my dream is to become a full-time working actor, I gotta get used to this type of thing, right?!?...:)...

As expected, yesterday afternoon I got a call from wardrobe, and then a couple of hours later a call from production. The girl from production wanted an e-mail address or fax number so that she could send over my scene. Interesting, in the past they’ve always sent me a full script. I guess since the show is red hot now, they don’t want ANY juicy details getting out...:)...

By the looks of things, I will be filming with Chandra Wilson and the whole group of interns this time. With the exception of T.R. Knight and Ellen Pompeo, I haven’t met any of them before.

Yesterday afternoon, I auditioned (via telephone) for a USC Grad Student film. (Thanks for the heads up Tanika!) It was a VO, and it was paying, so I decided to give it a whirl. I thought I’d done very well, but I just got an e-mail from the guy doing the project saying that he’d decided to go in a different direction. Oh well, onward and upward, right?!?...

One of the things my agent in New Mexico requested of me was a few hard copy demo reels that she could have on hand. So why has this been one of the toughest missions of my week? I called the place I usually go to, and I was told that they don’t do demo reels anymore. Great! Now what am I supposed to do? They were minutes away from my day job, and always a reliable source. Now I have to go in search of a company that not only won’t charge me an outlandish fee because I’m not getting mass duplication done, but they also have to provide a quick turn around time because I need to get this packet sent out ASAP. I figure I’ll get released fairly early on Monday, so this will be one of my projects for that day.

Speaking of New Mexico, the CD I met while there asked me to e-mail her when I decided on an agent. I did that today. It’s really nice to feel like I’m making some connections there.

WHAT'S COMING UP IN MARCH?

Next Friday (03/06) I will be attending a Panel Discussion with several of the most influential women in Hollywood: Deborah Martin Chase, Eunetta T. Boone, Mara Brock Akil, and Felicia D. Henderson. I’m really excited about this, I think these women will have some very important things to say. There is a reception to follow, and I’m expecting to run into a few friends there, so it should be a cool experience. (One of the friends, Frances Uku, is a young African actress I met last month at the RIZE screening. Congrats on the booking girl!)

9 days, that’s all we have. Tann and I decided to sign up for an AFTRA Casting Showcase on March 6th with CD Pam Dixon. Problem is, we have only “tentatively” decided on the scene we want to do, and we haven’t memorized it, or even worked it once. Her and I are both extremely busy, and live on opposites sides of town, so I pray that we can pull this together in time!

March 10th is the day I’ll be making an appearance at this year’s International Theatre Honor Society Festival. This should be fun, as I never got to attend these Festivals while a thespian in High School.

Come mid-March, I predict I will have a little less to write about as I intend to start slowing down a bit in anticipation of my baby arriving. This pregnancy is definitely catching up with me. I am so tired lately!...

It’s been a while, so let’s check in with my Plan of Action and see what’s been added/deleted/and still undone.
  • Demo Reels (Get a few hard copies made.)
  • Postcards (I need to start researching some places so I’ll be ready when my next GREY’S ANATOMY appearance comes around.)
  • Voice Over Reel (I have e-mailed the guy I wanted to work with twice, and haven’t gotten a response. I think I’ve been letting his non-responses keep me complacent about this issue. I need to get on it ASAP.)
  • Passport (I’m not even worried about this right now. I highly doubt ANYONE would cast a 6 ½ month pregnant women in anything that will shoot outside of the country. I’ll wait on this one.)
  • Research and sign up for a Commercial Workshop. (I’ve been making a list and checking it twice. I am going to wait until summer to start auditing.)
  • Research Agents. (I’ve been making a list for this too. I’ll probably do a mailing after I give birth, before I head back to New Mexico for a few weeks.)
  • ITA Workshops (I will be making the switch to Actorsite this summer.)
  • I’d like to get my teeth whitened. (Putting this off until summer too.)
  • Press Kit (Putting all the pieces together. Not a priority.)

Wish me luck on Monday.

Godspeed

No comments:

Post a Comment