Monday, November 14, 2005

"New" Plan of Action...

Callback - 11/14/05 - LET'S TALK

Did you hear it? Did you hear the explosion when I completely bombed today? OMG, I failed sooooo badly at my callback, it wasn’t even funny. I had some personal stuff going on this weekend, so I’d love to blame that for the way things went down, but the truth of the matter is, I went in over confident, and under prepared...
Plain and simple...

Let me first make the disclaimer that I (by no means) think I’m all that...but for some reason when I go in for smaller projects I tend to think I can just glide through and land a part with little or not effort, and it just doesn’t happen that way. It usually blows up in my face, which it did today. One day I will learn that lesson I guess.

I also think I was intimated because the other women at the callback, on top of being great actresses, were HIP, THIN, and BEAUTIFUL. Meanwhile, in comparison, I felt HUGE, FRUMPY, and out of place…Why? Do you ask?...

Drum roll please...

I’m Pregnant! Yes, 3 months in...:)...
Remember a few weeks back when I said I hadn’t managed to loose any weight so far?...Well, that’s why...the cat’s out of the bag. That should also explain why I’ve been busting my butt lately trying to get my new pics and reel online so I can try to work as much as I can before the holidays, and before my bump becomes way obvious...Some good it’s done me! I’m beginning to think my coveted THE SHIELD audition week before last, was a stroke of luck, rather than being a result of my efforts as of late.

I don’t know, I’m still deciding, but after today, I think it’s about time I slow my roll on the acting front and settle into the holiday season...:)...I have a husband, a daughter, a full time day job, a home based business, and a new baby to prepare for, all of which, I'm certain, will keep me extremely busy for a while.

Don’t get me wrong, you’ll see me (as much as possible) come Pilot Season, bump and all, but for now I’m just going to chill out and wait for my agents to call me.
In the meantime, I'll keep you posted should anything interesting occur.
Adios.

1 comment: