Monday, October 17, 2005

On the Cutting Room Floor...

Awww man, I wound up on the cutting room floor! For those of you who made an attempt to watch me last night on GREY'S ANATOMY, thanks so much for your support, but my scene was cut from the episode...Bummer. I sort of had an inkling early Sunday evening when none of my family on the East Coast called to congratulate me. Oh well, I guess, there's always a first time for everything. I'm just hoping that my CD mailing wasn't done in vain. "One call, that's all I'm asking for!...:)..."

I'm going to call the production office to find out if I can at least get the footage for my reel. It's very unlikely, but you never know. They're pretty friendly people over there, so they may hook a sista up. I'm going this Thursday (10/20) to get my new Demo Reel done, so even if I do get the cut footage from this past Sunday, it won't make it onto this reel. Man, I can't wait to finally get my reel done, and get my clips up! Hopefully this will spike my on camera audition ratio, it's been pretty sad lately.

Still no word from my agents about my new pictures. Oh well, I'm threw with that battle for now.

The braids are back in. I endured 12 1/2 hours this time.

Tomorrow night (10/19) I'm going to a screening of NORTH COUNTRY in which Charlize Theron and Nick Caro are going to be speaking afterward. I think it's going to be a great flick, so I'm hyped! I went to a Networking Brunch several years ago and Charlize Theron was the guest speaker. She was so cool and laid back, hopefully Hollywood has done little to change her since then.

On Thursday (10/20) I'm also recording the VO I booked last week. Please pray that it goes well for me. I'd really like to get in good with this recording studio so they'll continue to bring me back for other stuff.

Plan of action update:

  • Braids are in!
  • Photography done! Still getting through selection and retouching process.
  • Demo Reel will be done this week. I will get hard copies, and post a clip on Actors Access & LA Casting. Voice over reel is still in the pipeline.
  • I'm planning on applying for my passport next week.
  • Still exercising, no significant weight loss though. However, I think I know why...:)...
  • Bio is completed!
  • Still working on the press kit. (Waiting for hard copy headshot to go with the book I'll be featured in. Once that's done, I will put together all the pieces for my press kit.)

One Luv...

1 comment:

  1. No go on the footage. But it's all good!...:)...

    Thanks! These braids are similiar to the last set I had.

    Unfortunately, I didn't get to make the screening, maybe the next one.

    ReplyDelete