Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm a Marketing Machine!...

Well, I finished off this past week on a high note! Although production over at GREY'S ANATOMY told me that I could not get footage of my cut scene, and all traces of me having even done the role disappeared from every website on the WWW, I still had some good happenings occur in the pursuit of my dream last week.

I didn't make it to the NORTH COUNTRY screening, but on Thursday morning (10/21), I woke up bright and early to go tape my OHIO LEARNING NETWORK radio spot in Studio City. It went wonderfully, in and out in 30 minutes!...The producer has already e-mailed me a copy of the finished product, and it's awesome. It will definitely be on my upcoming, revamped VO Reel. (Look out for that on my website in Nov/Dec 05.)

Later that afternoon, I went over to CINEVATIVE in West Hollywood and got my Demo Reel redone. Mark advised me against stock piling my demo with everything I've ever done, so we settled on a few "powerful" clips, that will hopefully get the job done for me. I have added my Demo Reel to my website. Have a look, and let me know what you think.

Cut to this week: I want to be prepared when I visit Actors Access and LA Casting, so I decided that in addition to my clips, I will be taking over a batch of new headshots to post. Yes, you've guessed it. I picked my own photos. I've picked my own photos for most of the headshots I've ever used anyway, so I figure, why stop now? They all seem to have worked for me, so I will just use my choices until my agents get back to me. (Besides, when I first moved to L.A. back in '97 I worked in two different talent agencies for over a year as a Commercial Agent Assistant AND as a Commercial Agent, so I think I have somewhat of an eye for picking a good headshot.) I sent several requests over to the photographer for a little air brushing on Sunday, and as soon as I get those back, off to conquer Hollywood I shall go!...:)...

I subscribed to IMDB PRO yesterday, I'm still trying to figure out if that was a good idea. I guess only time will tell. Now that I think about it, I need to update my photography on there as well. Ahh, the money it takes to be an actor!...I swear my husband totally freaks out sometimes...:)...

Still no passport. That will have to be pushed back for another week or two, I have bigger fish to fry.

My definitive goal is to have all of my ducks in a row before Pilot Season...

2.5 Months and Counting...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I downloaded your demo reel and I think its good. It actually shows diversity with your skill.

    Excellent, I'll keep an eye out for more work from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Antonio! I really appreciate the feedback.

    ReplyDelete