Saturday, October 08, 2005

YES! A BOOKING!...

BOOKING! Aren’t those always nice to get?!? Even better when you don’t have to audition for it! My VO Agent called me yesterday to tell me that I booked a VO job that I didn’t even audition for. It is for an OHIO based company, and will record later this month. I’m hyped!

This past Wednesday night, I went to a screening of the film HUSTLE & FLOW...(Remember the movie I raved about a couple of months ago?) Yep, that one. Well, this screening was followed by a Q&A with none other than, you guessed it, Terrance Howard. The star of the movie! The actor whose performances we've all come to love and admire. (i.e. HUSTLE & FLOW, LACKAWANNA BLUES, CRASH, FOUR BROTHERS, etc.) I wanted to go check the film out again, simply because I was interested in hearing what Mr. Howard had to say about his experiences during the filming of it. (One of the coolest things he shared was that it was shot in just 24 days!)

The event ended up being small and quaint, so there was certainly opportunity for anyone who wanted to approach him after the Q&A. I didn’t, however. I can’t decide if I’m a chicken about these kinds of things, or just completely over the whole celebrity appeal. I was more intrigued by the people who approached him. As everyone glared at him thinking of something witty to say, a woman confessed that she was his biggest fan (and stalker), held him hostage for about 5 minutes, and gave him her script. Another kissed him. He was really cool about the whole thing, cooler than some celebs I’ve seen.

I picked up my business cards yesterday. Just in time to get my CD mailing completed today. (107 is the magic number! Lord, all I’m asking for is one call. PUUUHLEEEASE!) It took hours for my friend and I to complete, but it’s done now and ready to go. Whew! I’ll be mailing them off early next week.

Next thing on the agenda is a mass e-mail announcing my GREY’S ANATOMY appearance, and another 14 hours dedicated to getting my braids put in again. Lucky, lucky me!...:)…

No comments:

Post a Comment