Friday, July 01, 2005

Is it okay to wallow in Self Pity?

I am looking forward to the long weekend, but can I please say that I am officially bummed. (Just to get it off my chest.) I have cleared week three with no auditions. Not one. All I know is, for my next audition, I am going to kick some major butt. I will be the perfect one for the role!

It's funny, when I go for a long time without an audition, I'm kind of like a JACK-IN-THE-BOX. I get really giddy, and I start wringing my hands together (a habit I inherited from my mom), and I sweat with anticipation. I start thinking: "What can I possibly do to get an audition, any audition. Soon!" Do you think the adrenaline rush of an audition is kind of like a drug for me? Weird. I hadn't thought about that before, but it's probably true.

Anyway, as a result, for the last few weeks I've been to many, many actors sites and online groups, to see what I can submit myself on, or at the very least, get a glimpse of what I'M NOT being called in for. I also look around the www to see what my peers are up to. Maybe one day I'll update my links page on my web site to include all of the places I frequent. (Which, by the way, includes other actors blogs that I use as motivation.)

What I did manage to accomplish this week is the re-write of my BIO, with the help of my sister-in-law (and soon to be manager...:)...) Genny, and a close friend of mine (and soon to be publicist...:)...) Cody. I hope to post it on my web site, and IMDB very soon. I am also going to use it in a book about actors I was approached about being a part of. (I will provide more information about that later.) Look out for my new bio, and let me know what you think.

FYI...I'm still working on picking up my copy of the STRONG MEDICINE tape so that I can critique it. Last time I went there to pick up a tape, it took me 3 hours round trip, so I've kind of been putting it off. I think I'll have them mail it to me this time.

Well, until next time.

Have a Happy Fourth, be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment