Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Drought has Ended!....

VO Audition - 7/20/05 - CHEVY COBALT

So I finally got my copy of STRONG MEDICINE yesterday, and I think I did a fairly good job! It's a rare feeling, but I think I might actually be proud of myself...:)...(My hair did look awful though, so I agree with my sisters about that.)

I talked to Kristene (my theatrical agent) this past Monday, and she's going to put a call in to the STRONG MEDICINE people to find out if they intend to bring me back this season. When I booked it a couple of months ago, I was told it was a "co-star w/a possibility of reoccurring," and I heard through a friend (see post below) that they'd been "talking about me," so hopefully I'll get the call soon! I'm wondering if I should send them a gift basket or something? As a little incentive...

I also got wind yesterday that GREY’S ANATOMY has started production of their new season, so again, hopefully, they'll remember me too, and bring me back. One of the episodes that I recorded earlier this year hasn't aired yet (and it won't until Season 2) so since my face has already crossed over into the new season...ya never know...Pray with me!

Another thing I did on Monday, was that I met with the photographer who will be taking my new slew of headshots. His name is Daniel Chapman, and I think that he takes some of the most beautiful color headshots I've ever seen! Just gorgeous. He has worked with some real heavy hitters in the entertainment industry, and did a fabulous job for them, so I'm hoping that he'll do the same with me. He shoots with a digital camera, which is an added bonus, because we can check out the photos as we go along. I am scheduled to shoot with him on August 6th.

So, now that I have my STRONG MEDICINE tape, I have all of the clips I need to start work on my new demo reel. After my new headshots, my demo and vo reels will be the next things that I'll conquer.

Wow, I'm quickly realizing that the longer I stay in this industry, the more and more expensive it is getting! With the technology that we have today, actor's have to pay a pretty penny to stay ahead of the game! I'm still confused as to how I manage to stay caught up. I am so broke!

No comments:

Post a Comment