Monday, December 22, 2008

This last week...

...has been filled with parties of the season, and a few sleepless nights!...:)...In addition to several family functions, last Tuesday night (12/16), Tony Rock hosted "Christmas in Hollywood: A Toy Drive Event," which I attended with Kendra, Todd, and my brother in law. We had a great time, while also being able to give toys to children who are less fortunate. I took photos with Tony and the comedian Earthquake. I also ran into Faizon Love, (who I did THE LUAU with back in the day) but he left before I could get a photo with him. There are more photos from this event on my MySpace page if you're interested.

The next night (12/17), on very little sleep, Kendra and I got gussied up for ADMP and LA Fashion Corner's "Caring for Style" Fashion Show/Charity Event, which benefited Sheila E's Elevate Hope Foundation. The event was really nice, and I was hyped to be walking the red carpet again. It was packed with tons of photographers and interviewers, so it took us about 30 minutes from start to finish! (I've posted a few of the photos I found.) I also did about 5 interviews, so if I come across any of those, I will be sure to post them here as well. Again, there are more photos from this event on my MySpace page if you're interested.

On Saturday (12/20) my friend
Victor Orlando, and his group FUN-JA-LA, hosted a Christmas Concert at the Salt Creek Grille down in El Segundo. Me and the family stopped by for a little saucy music and hot eats!...:)...

I'm surely pleased that these publicity efforts are working in my favor. It works out even better when Kendra and I are invited to the same events. That way we can keep each other company, and spot check if needed!...:)...Right now I'm scheduled to attend another event in early February. So, if no bookings are on my horizon, hopefully there'll be more events such as these in the coming months.

I'm still anxiously waiting to see what's going to happen with this SAG strike and all. I was able to get my votes in on time for the SAG Awards last week, and it looks like they've already announced the nominees. Hmmm, I wonder how I can get an invite to the SAG Awards? I'll have to look into that.

Anywho, I think that's it for now.

Have a Safe and
Happy Holiday everyone!...

Your girl,

Shenita.

No comments:

Post a Comment