Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Might as Well Go 'Head and Party...

I personally think that one of the things that can make or break an up and coming actor is the amount of time spent socializing and networking with one's peers. So, every once in a while, I'll make a concerted effort to get out there and mingle a little.

This past Sunday (11/16), Kendra and I attended the 4th Annual Gbaby "Wearable Art" Fashion Show. (Gbaby is owned and operated by Giovonnie Samuels and her mother Sylvia.) The show was outdoors, so we were affected a little by the ash and soot from the fires, but overall we had a lot of fun. The seats were great, (thanks to Kendra's friend CD Twinkie Byrd and some of the girls from the HerShe Group) the fashions were amazing, and the music was bumping. As expected after the show, it was a mad house as people rushed to make purchases, so I didn't get to buy anything, but I'm most certain we'll be going back very soon. Here are a couple of pictures, and as per usual if you're interested, there are more on my MySpace page.

Okay, so remember that animated short I booked back in September? Well, the trailer was released yesterday (11/18), and I think it's pretty HOT! Although my part isn't in the trailer, you can see my name in the credits, which is very cool. Check it out here.

Maybe I'll see you around.

- Shenita.

No comments:

Post a Comment