Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wrapping up September 2008!...:)...

Short and Sweet:
  • VO Audition - INFAMOUS (vg) - 09/24/08
  • We're gearing up for the last few TRACKS shows!...:)...
  • Just mailed out my stuff to my NM agent. Quite possibly in time to get part in TRANSFORMERS 2?!? Let's hope!...:)...
  • I had an epiphany today. I'm seriously thinking about taking a break from the industry for a little while. My pursuit of an acting career feels like it's become a "habit" to me. (Hopefully you understand what I mean.) In a nutshell, I can go from "absolute euphoria" when I book something and things are going well, all the way down to "rock bottom" when I'm not going out and things aren't going well. I'm pretty sure all actors go through this, so I'm not saying "Oh, feel sorry for poor Shenita!" I'm just saying that I have SO MANY other wonderfully important things going on in my life, that I just don't want to be jeopardized by this roller coaster ride that I'm on. That being said, I've got some heavy thinking to do!
  • OMG! Was HEROES not the bomb last night?!? I love that show. A few more of my favorites return this week. Can't wait!

Holla at cha later...

Mrs. Moore.

3 comments:

  1. Point 4: Follow your heart...it's the pathway to fulfillment. I used to run my own business, desparately chased the money, chased the career...but it affected my health, and broke up friendships. I too had an epiphany, sold the business to do a 9 - 5 job. Now I'm less stressed, enjoy hobbies that I never had the time for, and most importantly I have time for my family.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get sad when people start talking about taking a break. I know why, especially since you've got so many other blessings and things you could put that passion and talent into. I'm sure the answer will present itself at some point. Gonna try and see your play this week if I'm feeling better. Sounds like it's been a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice/support guys. I've been really praying hard about this, and hope to decide what the best course of action will be later this year...:)...Please keep me in your thoughts.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete