Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The TRACKS run is done! And some other stuff...

Whew, THANK YOU Jesus! Now, don't get me wrong, I love theater, and I loved doing TRACKS, and I loved the cast and crew, but the huge commitment it turned out to be, definitely took it's toll on my mind, body, and spirit. I think, if I was doing theater/acting full time and not had 100 other things going on in my life, I'm sure I would have been fine, but I really, really had to push myself to the limits to make it through. That being said, I wouldn't change it for the world, because I did GAIN some great experiences/memories, made some great friends, took some great photos, and even learned some great life lessons over the last several weeks. But I have to tell you, what surprised me the most, is how much support I got from my friends and family. I honestly had no idea how many people love and support me! Every single show, there were at least 2 or 3 people (even up to 7 or 8 on some nights) in the audience that had come out to show their support, and that was such a great feeling. (Side Note: Todd is now convinced that I should do a one woman show armed with this new information, but I digress...:)...and I'm actually a little intimated at the thought of it!)

It's always nice to have the support of your peers. In the audience this past weekend T'Keyah Crystal Kemáh, Kendra Johnson, Tyreese Burnett, and Geri Allen came out to support. Thanks guys!

Okay, so one last thing about the show, here is a TRACKS review. Enjoy!

In other news, I was invited over the weekend to attend a comedy event downtown that featured comedian/actor Mark Curry. I couldn't attend because of the show. Maybe next time.

Lastly, (and I'm sure it's because I just shared the trials and tribulations of my career with you all the last time I wrote) not only did I receive some surprising residual love over the weekend, but I also came across the following article (click here and here) in PARADE magazine. A higher power speaking to me? Could be. As a result, while I'm hashing out what I want to do, I'm going to attend a few parties, screenings, workshops, and quite possibly take a brief solo trip to NM, in hopes of landing a role or two...:)...and then, I'll decide.

P.S. I added a few new features to my blog, polls and what not. Check 'em out over there --->.

Love ya'll!

S to da...

No comments:

Post a Comment