Sunday, May 18, 2008

I've gotten busy living!...:)...

TV Audition - LITTLE BRITAIN - 05/19/08

Okay, so this will be 1.) My first "official" audition with the new reps. 2.) My first audition for these CD's, and 3.) My first comedy audition in quite a while. So, I'll admit upfront that I'm a little nervous, but I'm also really excited. I'm sure the big guy upstairs will have my back, so I'll do what I can to leave my nerves at the door, and just bring it!...:)...

This audition came exactly when I needed it to, had it of been last week, I think I'd of been a little distracted. You see, I spent most of my week completely consumed with preparing the program for the show. Between that, recording the VO I booked, keeping up with my web design work, and just being a wife and mother, I'm still exhausted!

Let's roll back. The week started with me getting a nice letter from SAG informing me that I'd been chosen to be a part of this year's SAG Nominating Committee. Cool! This is the first year that I've had the opportunity to do that, so I'm really looking forward to all of the pre-screenings and stuff that come along with it..:)...I also touched base with my NM agent. I sent him some of my new pics last weekend, and I wanted to discuss whether or not I should come out for a couple of weeks this summer. He wisely suggested that I wait to see what happens with the strike.

As the week rolled on, I dove head first into designing what ended up being a 20 page program for the staged reading last night (TRACKS). On Wednesday (5/14) night, I drove out to North Hollywood to sit in on their last rehearsal, and to finally meet the cast. What a lovely, and talented, bunch they were. I left feeling really excited about Saturday's festivities. Thursday (5/15) morning it was off to record the CDW VO job in Studio City. On Friday, I was able to sneak in a little R&R time. Kenyah and I met Kendra for a lunch date. Kendra is such a cool person. Kenyah and I had a really great time laughing and chatting it up with Ms. Kendra.

For the finale, on Saturday (5/17) night, the show came together quite beautifully. The evening started with hors d'oeuvres & cocktails, which lead to a beautiful solo dance and a special guest speaker: Yolanda Anderson, who discussed the death of her aunt, Dr. Donda West (Kanye West's mother), and the influence her death had on the future of elective surgery. The show followed at 8:00pm, and was wonderful. I laughed so hard. Tann is such a talented writer/director. I can't wait to share photos with you when I get some of them. And, I know for a fact that there are some really great photos, because when I got there, I commandeered Tann's camera, and took pictures all night long!...:). That being said, I think the first event MME was a part of was an absolute success, and I can't wait to see what's in our future.

I think that's it for now. Wish me broken legs tomorrow.

Nite-Nite,

S.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you broke all extremeties and appendages!!! Let us know how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MagicKat!...:)...I felt pretty darn good about it.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete