Sunday, February 10, 2008

COULD IT BE, THE STRIKE JUST MAY BE OVER COME MIDWEEK?!?

Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus! And here's hoping this industry doesn't see another strike for a long, long time.

Celebrities are coming outta the woodwork. It seems like every week, as of late, I'm seeing or meeting someone. The other day VANESSA BELL CALLOWAY was behind me and the girls in Ralph's, and LORETTA DEVINE was at my nephew's basketball game this past Friday night. (I wanted so badly to go talk to Ms. DEVINE. I didn't, however, because she looked as if she was enjoying her off time with her family, so I made sure to respect that. I'll get to meet her one day, I'm sure. Maybe on the GREY'S ANATOMY set...:)...) So, I don't know, maybe it's the PAFF's that's bringing everyone out and about, or the GRAMMY's, or the IMAGE AWARDS. OR, maybe it's just because I'm getting out there a little more these days. I've been told a few times in the last couple of weeks that I'm really plugged in to what's going on here in Hollywood, or Black Hollywood, I should say. Really? Thanks.

Being "plugged in" is what led that local business man to contact me a few weeks ago. I'm still kind of reserved as to how much I want to reveal at this point, but let's just say it led my husband and I to launch an entertainment company in preparation of our impending joint venture together. More to come soon, and believe me, once I do start talking about it, it will be hard to shut me up!...:)...When we went to our first meeting about it, I got to meet the legendary GARRETT MORRIS at his 71st birthday celebration. Such a sweet (and funny!) man.

Anywho, I just finished reading a juicy script. A writer friend of mine is one of the producers, and she sent it over for me to read. Hopefully I will be attached to one of the parts. Fingers crossed. Prayers lifted!...:)...

Talk to yah...

Shenita.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Shenita, congrats on your new venture....sounds exciting! Wishing you much success.

    ReplyDelete