Friday, November 16, 2007

My week in Review (11/8 - 11/16)...

VO Audition - PROGRESSIVE TALK RADIO (DENVER) - 11/13/07

My VO auditions last Thursday (11/8) went great! The booth runner commented on how strong my voice and choices are these days. The credit for that definitely goes to my work with Precision Talent. Actually, on that very day I came thisclose to booking a small recording job through Precision Talent, but I couldn't get were they needed me to be fast enough, so they had to go with someone else. It's all good. I also sent out a batch of headshots to NM Agent that day.

Last Friday (11/9) I got the 3rd issue of my guide out. It's a trip because I'm getting great feedback from the industry in New Mexico about the guide. I mean, just the other day the Creative Services Director for New Mexico’s CW station requested a copy, saying he wanted to use it to help cast local commercials. The problem I seem to be having is the lack of trust that I'm getting from the acting community in New Mexico. Some people are really bitter saying I'm a ripoff, etc. when all I'm trying to do is help get them out there. I don't charge very much as it is to be listed, so I'm not going to apologize for wanting to be compensated for the time it takes me to compile and cross check the e-mail database I use, nevermind the job of putting the book together every couple of months. I won't even get into the level of exposure I'm offering, etc. etc. At any rate, I'm just proud to be able to help the folks that are listed get the exposure they need, so I'll just keep forging ahead...:). No awesome booking stories as of yet, but I'm sure they'll be coming soon. I'll keep you posted.

Speaking of New Mexico, on Saturday (11/10), I took a quick flight there for two days to handle some personal business. It felt great to be back in NM. Even if only for a minute. It was also nice to have some downtime from L.A., the hubby, and the kids. Sometimes mommy needs a break, ya heard?!?...:)...

This past Tuesday (11/12) I had another VO Audition, this time with Precision Talent, again I thought it went well.

Wednesday (11/13), Kenyah and I had lunch with my new "writer friend." Very cool woman, and she's got some really great projects going on. I sure hope this strike ends soon! Man, I feel very bad for the writers out there who are struggling right now because of this strike. Hopefully the studios will get their acts together soon. Speaking of soon, as soon as I can catch my breath, I'm going to hit the picket lines. Maybe next Monday.



So, on top of all that, I've been working out like crazy lately! Getting Ready and Staying Ready! I also have some pretty good leads on photographers. I hope to shoot right after the Christmas Holiday.

Dats it for now.

Shenita.

No comments:

Post a Comment