Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Commercial Audition – OLD NAVY – 9/24/07 (Kenyah)
Film Audition – G-FORCE – 9/25/07

The only regret that I have about going to see Ella Joyce’s one woman show (A ROSE AMONG THORNS) is that I did not go see it sooner, so that I would have had enough time to spread the word about this extraordinary glimpse into the world of such a legendary woman. Ella’s portrayal of Rosa Parks was so convincing, that during the course of the show, I completely forgot that I was watching an actress perform, rather I felt as if I was listening to Rosa herself speak. It was most certainly the highlight of my weekend. If it ever hits the theater circuit in L.A. again, make sure you go check it out!

At the show, I also meet some really cool fellow actors: Kendra Johnson (who, coincidentally enough, goes to my church!), and Rocky Carroll.

Backtracking to Friday’s audition for THE CODE, it went VERY, VERY well. The first time through I kind of left out some of "the business" of the scene, but the CD running the session gave me some redirection, and seemed very pleased after I did it again. The scene was very tricky because although I’m crying, I have to do comedic action. So, we’ll see what happens. The age range is broad (30’s to 50’s) so I’m really keeping my fingers crossed that they decide to cast younger. My friend Del was there auditioning as well, so there was definitely some tough competition for this role!

Kenyah did an amazing job yesterday at her OLD NAVY audition. She showcased her playful side, her extensive vocabulary, and didn't seem afraid at all. The CD’s were thoroughly impressed. Go Kenyah!

Improv is what is going to be called of me this afternoon. It’s been a while, so hopefully it will all work out!...:)...


P.S. If you're near a TV, don’t forget to catch me on TEMPTATION today at 2:00pm PST.

Signed,

The Exhausted One...:)...

3 comments:

  1. Just saw your reel on AA. You're great! So cool to see people I know (through blogsphere anyway) doing well. And you were only inches from Patrick Dempsey...Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darnit I am on a job during the day and couldn't see Temptation. How did you do? Can you say now?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollie: Thanks!...:)...

    Kat: Yes, I can say now. I didn't win a DARN THING!...:)... Oh well, it was fun.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete