Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's gettin' busy!...

Film Audition - OTIS - 8/22/07
Callback - OTIS - 8/24/07

Okay, so I'll start with TEMPTATION. Once I was in front of the camera, I had a blast! Unfortunately, I can't share how things went during the taping of the show (i.e. whether I won or lost), but I’d certainly recommend doing a game show if you get the chance. I’m actually surprised that I hadn’t tried out for one sooner than now.

The call time for the morning group of contestants was 7:30am. Once we all got signed in, filled out our paperwork, and went through the logistics of how to play the game, the producers split up the larger group into groups of three’s. Now, in our small holding rooms, we would wait. I was lucky because I ended up in a room with two really cool girls. One of which, was a young, and very funny, actress/writer, by the name of Carly Shepard. Carly, as it turns out, is Dax Shepard's baby sister and personal assistant. It was a trip, because once she revealed this tidbit of information, the other girl dove right in asking questions about Dax and Kate Hudson. Carly didn’t seem to mind though. I could tell she’d probably been grilled like that before, and knew how to handle it without saying too much. I must admit, it was fun to hear about "that side" of Hollywood for a change. The three of us talked about pretty much everything, until around 11:30am when the other girl and I were summoned into makeup.

At any rate, from what I could gathered while I was there, my episode should air on October 1 @ 2:30pm PST on FOX. One of the producers told me as I was leaving that they were still looking for folks to come out and audition for the show, so if any of you out there want to try out for it, just let me know, and I’ll forward the information to you.

So, in other news, I must admit it has been a long, long while since I felt like I nailed an audition, and doggone it, that is most certainly how I felt when I left the MOONLIGHT audition on Monday. Over the weekend, I researched and prepared for that role backwards and forwards, up and down, and side to side. Why haven’t I heard anything yet? Who knows, but I’m not going to dwell on it. I went in to the audition knowing that I was extremely prepared, and I gave them 110%. Now it’s up to them to figure out what to do with it...:)...Like I’ve noted in past posts, I’ve auditioned for the ladies over at FMW Casting many, many times before, for THE SHIELD. So I think they feel like I’m capable of delivering, now I just gotta wait and see how this plays out.

Okay, so now we’re at today. I went in and rocked the mess out of this 2 line Supporting Role for OTIS. So much so, I was invited to come back for a callback on Friday (8/24) afternoon with the Director. Sure, I can handle that!...:)...On my way out, I did a few drop offs.

In an effort to get back on the social scene a little bit, I’m gearing up for a dinner party one of my agent’s is having next week. Also, a fellow actress friend of mine (Ella Joyce) just sent me an e-mail about a one woman show she’s doing that I'm going to convince my husband to attend with me next month. I’m kind of a homebody these days, so it’s going to take a few extra coats of lipstick and fingernail polish for me to feel like I fit in. Wish me Luck!

Saturday (8/25) is my second one-on-one session with my VO Manager. I’m really eager to go work with her again. She pulls some great stuff out of me. I’ve almost completed the homework assignment she sent me home with last month, can’t wait to see what’s next.

I must say, I'm feeling like an actor these days!

Shenita.

3 comments:

  1. Shenita, definitely want the comments. Shoot me an email at hollienoverton@aim.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late to be typing. I meant the information...Sounds like it'd be fun and at least you're meeting people. Lots of stuff going on. I've been out of town for almost a month! Can't wait to get back in the mix. Will keep my fingers crossed. And let us know when you have a set air date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts full of all sorts of auditions and feelings of doing well. I can feel the positive vibes right through the screen.

    Shit... you won money, didn't you??????????

    ReplyDelete