Friday, July 27, 2007

Temptation x 2...

Game Show Audition - TEMPTATION - 7/26/07

Okay. Yes, I did it. I auditioned for a game show. I get e-mails about them all the time, so I finally figured "Hey, why not?!? I could really use a grand prize, or even a nice parting gift right about now." It was actually a lot of fun. I stayed around for the long haul, and even won the mock competition I was a part of. As I was leaving, one of the producers told me "It’s very likely that you’ll be chosen to be on the show." Cool! I'll keep you posted!...:)...

The most excitement of the evening actually came on the drive TO the "audition." These two "Hollywood Type" girls (who I could hear coming way up the road, honking at random drivers) decided they wanted to throw a few derogatory words at your girl. And, you know I wasn’t having that. Let's just say, after a brief verbal exchange of words we almost made a pit stop on a 101 frontage road, and some very expensive brunette and blonde hair extensions were about to be all over the highway. That is, UNTIL I remembered where I was going. I figured it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to walk up in the audition (even if it was for a game show) all sweaty and disheveled and what not.

You know, I find road rage to be a very funny thing, people who wouldn’t even look in your direction if you were standing right next to them, feel as though just because they’re behind the wheel of a car, they’re invincible. I feel sorry for those two girls if they do that all the time though, because one day someone might not be on their way to an audition. Another thing I found amusing is, why is it, when it comes to me and these public showdowns, are there always 2 girls?!?

-Shenita Jones, Jr.

3 comments:

  1. I almost went to that as well! I've never auditioned for a game show but lots of greats have...Jamie Fox is one. But I had to chose between that and a workshop at my acting studio! Too bad or we might have met in person...One of these days. Keep working. It'll pay off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. F these girls!!!

    P.S.... I would totally hold them down while you beat ehir butts! Audition pending or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollie: You should have gone. I was surprised at how much fun it was!...:)...

    Kat: Thanks girl!...:)...It's good to know that someone has my back!

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete