Friday, May 04, 2007

"How did they get here?!?"

"They drove here," I say.

"But they're on T.V.!" my daughter exclaims. Looking at me somewhat confused.

"I know. But hey, mommy's on T.V. too, and I'm here. They're real people, with real lives. They're actors like me."

That was the conversation I had with my 4 year old last Thursday night (5/3). At the last minute, I decided to take her to a ATAS Sponsored panel discussion for one of our favorite shows: EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS. My day was jam packed, so we got there about 20 minutes late. As we were walking in, they were showing the final scenes of an episode that was directed by Kelsey Grammer, that has yet to be aired. Mr. Grammer moderated, and the panel included: Chris Rock, Tyler James Williams, Terry Crews, Tichina Arnold, and Ali LeRoi. Vincent Martella waved from the crowd. With the exception of a few weird audience questions, and even weirder responses from Mr. Rock (he is a nut for real!...:)...), it ended up being an enjoyable experience. They even fed us afterward, which was a total surprise. My daughter and I bypassed the caviar, and opted instead for finger sandwiches and fresh fruit.

BOOKED! I booked a Del Monte Industrial VO, which I recorded today. Let me just say that was THE MOST lucrative 20 minutes I've EVER had in my life! And the fact that I didn't even audition for it, made it even sweeter.

Everything's going great with the new agent, no auditions yet, but I can tell she's working hard for me. I predict a general interview is just around the corner. I had to order more headshots today. I was impressed, ISGO has really streamlined their customer service for online users, so it only took me 10 minutes to place my order. I didn't order very many though, I'm hoping to spruce up "my look," and shoot some new one's soon.

Tonight I'd made plans to attend an AFTA sponsored MAC Makeup Workshop, but I was too tired. I should have gone because LORD KNOWS I need help with learning how to apply makeup better. Oh well, maybe next time.

Starting production of the 2nd Issue of my guide. I'm hoping to make it even better than the 1st!

Pretty Cool: Today I'm ranked 35,229 on IMDB PRO's Star Meter, not my highest ranking to date(11,610), but pretty cool none the less.

P.S. During last week's episode of GREY'S ANATOMY, I saw the KAY JEWELERS Commercial my baby auditioned for. It was really cute! The baby they chose looked a lot like the couple the chose, which I'm guessing, is why my little doll wasn't cast...:)...

Thanks for reading!

Nita G.

No comments:

Post a Comment