Monday, April 16, 2007

MicroMANAGING...

Just got back from meeting with a manager! The e-mail "blasts" I've been doing for the last few days are really paying off. So far, I've gotten quite a few responses. I must admit, I was leery about doing e-mail submissons, but I figured what the heck. What do I have to loose? (Besides that's how I found my last agent AND manager.)

Anyways, the manager I met with was really nice, and positive. I liked him. He seemed like a real go-getter. He told me that he couldn't understand why I was having such a hard time finding a good rep. At the end of our meeting, he took several of my headshots, and told me he'd submit me on a few films, if I was game. If I got called in to audition for something, he'd know which of my headshots worked for me, and he'd get a chance to get feedback on how I do when I go in for auditions. I thought that seemed reasonable. If I don't hear from him (with an audition) before the end of the week. He told me to give him a call to discuss where we'd go from there. Sounds good to me! In the meantime, I'm going to continue with my "blasts," and see what happens.

I saw William Allen Young, aka Moesha's Daddy, at the gym today. (YES, I've been working out!..:)...Actually, I've lost about 6 pounds since I stopped working my day job.) Anywho, I was looking at his resume on IMDB just now, and I was thinking, I really wish I had someone who has been in the business as long as he has, as a mentor. I think it would help me deal with the hurdles I experience a little better and, it would help me to understand the business on a broader scale. Maybe one day.

In other news: No background work yet, been calling the hotline, but haven't scored anything.

Ahh! Can't believe dues are due again. I feel like I just paid them!

Till next time,

Hasta...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the meeting! Sounds like the manager is definitely interested. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it - I got bills for dues for all three unions this week.

    YIKES!

    ReplyDelete