Thursday, March 01, 2007

A Lesson in Procrastination...

I'm pretty certain that I've mentioned how sometimes I tend to procrastinate at THE MOST inopportune times. Well, it just happened again. You'd think that I'd have learned my lesson by now.

Before I get into that, let me first mention that I've been in New Mexico for a few days now, and have had the chance to take care of A LOT of different matters (professional and non-professional) that needed my attention. On the acting front, I've met with my agent here, started the process of being added to her website (something I should have taken care of a long time ago), and followed up on the Talent Agent submissions I sent out before I left Los Angeles. (All of which were: "We'll call you if we're interested.") I even submitted myself for a few films back in L.A.

The one thing HAD NOT done however, was secure a babysitter for my children if I should need one at the last minute while I am here. You see, I had done some of the grunt work by calling a referral service and securing a customized list the day I got here, but I HAD NOT made any of the calls.

So, yesterday afternoon, I get a call from my VO Agent asking if I could come in. I quickly remind them that I am out of town. Dang it! I hate missing auditions. (Actually, I don't think I've ever missed one, with the exception of when my agent forgets that I'm out of town.) So, after the call, my mood shifts, and I'm thinking to myself: What am I doing here in New Mexico? I should be back in Los Angeles! (Pretty much the same thing I think when I'm back in Los Angeles about being here...:)...).

Anyways, last night at around 9:00pm, as I'm preparing the kids for bed, I realize that my cell phone is blinking. I check my messages and lo and behold, my agent has left me a message. I have an early AM audition for THE EYE, a film that is shooting here, starring Jessica Alba. Yes! It could work a full week. Double Yes! My excitement turns to fear as I dart in the other room to ask my dad what time he's working tomorrow. Dog gone it! He'll be at work during my audition. I'll tell you what, between last night, and my audition this morning, I had to have called at least 30 different people. (Friends, family, childcare centers, etc.) In the end, I ended up having to take them with me. It was cool though. The CD didn't seem to mind, and I knew some of the folks at the audition. They were really nice, and offered to keep an eye on my kids while I darted in. Dart, I did. I was in and out. All that stress for about 2.5 minutes in the room. I think I did well. We'll see what happens. I should hear something later today. It's working pretty quickly, so I doubt that there will be any callbacks.

Now, I must go back to the phones. I gotta figure out what I'm going to do if I book it!...

Man, I can't wait till I get those big paychecks, so I can hire a nanny!...:)...

S.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know you rocked that audition lady - congrats! meanwhile, alessandro nivola is tasty-cakes...i'm about to be real jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete