Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A potpourri of sorts...

On my way to work yesterday morning, I saw the billboard for THE LOST ROOM (fka MOTEL MAN.) If you remember, that’s the project I auditioned for, and had a callback for, while I was in New Mexico over the summer. As I was shaking off the slight twinge of rejection I was feeling, I drove past a film set not even 1/2 block away. Oh yes, it seems as if the Hollywood “gods” were laughing at me yesterday!

I’m still trying to get my game plan together for finding a new agent and/or a manger to work with. I’m grateful, because I’ve been able to steal away some time to submit myself to a few folks. A big part of me is just hoping that one of them will bite, so I won't have to do a mass mailing.

Hmmmm, what else have I been up to that you all might care about?...:)...

I’ve be gearing up to get back in the gym. I HAVE been walking with the girls, which is cool, but I need some high intensity workouts. I keep making plans to go, but as soon as something else comes up, I cancel. Bad, bad Shenita! My husband reminded me this morning that a HUGE PART of my “job” as an actor is to look good, so that was definitely an incentive. Gee, he might as well of just pointed at my “mommy belly” and laughed. Just kidding, I know what he meant, and it's certainly true...:)...

I’ve been hitting up my local Blockbuster to get my WEEDS: SEASON ONE fix. I even got my husband hooked on the show…:)…

Exciting News: Last week I got my packet in the mail for the festival in Tampa next spring! I have a few weeks before I have to send it back, so now the brain storming must begin. What will I teach a workshop about? It was suggested that I conduct a workshop about what it takes to move to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. I guess that would work, I AM knowledgeable about that...:)...This should be a really fun experience. Years ago, my friend Victoria and I had thought about taking trips back to New Mexico to conduct workshops like these. We never acted upon it though. At any rate, I’ll keep you posted as I piece my ideas together. In the meantime, for those of you out there who are planning to move to L.A. one day, what would you find beneficial to learn in a workshop such as this? Let me know. Please post, or send me an e-mail: shenita@shenitamoore.com.

Speaking of New Mexico, things are going VERY WELL with the The New Mexico Actors Guide®. The industry feedback has been overwhelming! I’ve had so many requests (from legitimate industry contacts, mind you) that it’s taken me by surprise. One thing that has been a disappointment though, is the lack of actor participation. I won’t let that keep me from publishing this winter though. I will charge forward with the folks who have signed up. I've found that there is definitely a need for this guide, and I’m going to fill it! The New Mexico Actors Guide®.

Until next time,

Me.

3 comments:

  1. Busy, busy girl! I am not planning on moving to LA but it would be interesting if you could post the questions you get along with your answers just for curiosity sake.

    And as far as the gym goes, just think about the end result - not just physically but healthwise as well. You suggest a mommy tummy... this means you have at least one little one - showing your child that exercise is a regular part of life will benefit him/her in countless ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy busy busy...i'm curious...do you know if any acting workshops in atlanta...i'm curious about getting in tv as well as my beautiful daughter is 2...and is it better to have a background in somekind of performing arts or anything...thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. kat: Thanks for the advice I couldn't agree more! I will definitely post the questions I've received.

    the sarccastik variable why: I came across this website/forum a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure you'll be able to find a lot of what you're looking for there.
    Atlanta Films.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete