Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Counting my blessings during this Thanksgiving Holiday...

You probably wouldn’t believe me if I told you the ups and downs I’ve gone through over the last couple of weeks. My husband and I are convinced that God is challenging us for some reason greater than we know. Let me tell you, I will most certainly be rejoicing when we can move into the “calm after the storm!” ...:)...

On the downside:
  • I had to go to the emergency room last week with not one, but two potentially life threatening conditions that, thank the Lord, were treatable!
  • I don’t feel as if I’m any closer to leaving my day job.
  • It looks like I might be agentless during yet another Pilot Season.
  • Fatigue caused me to miss both the screening, and the AFTRA event I was supposed to attend last week. It looks like I might need to slow my roll a little bit.

I'm trying not to worry though, because I HAVE had a few great things happen to me as well, that have shown me that I really need to “count my blessings” and not sweat the small stuff!

On the upside:

  • I have been feeling VERY GOOD about my VO Auditions lately. I’m hoping that it’s just a matter of time before I book something.
  • I am an auntie again! Number 14 and counting!...
  • I went to a very cool party last week. An old friend of mine Adriana Garza won a Glamour Magazine Contest, and is featured in their December 06 issue.
  • I found out yesterday that I will be receiving some GREY’S ANATOMY love very soon. Cool beans! I want to hug the guy that invented residuals...:)...(Actually, while I’m on the subject of GREYS ANATOMY, you guys have to send out some “recurring dust” my way. I am just dying to get back on that show!...)

I think that's it for now.

Happy Turkey Day!...

She-She.

P.S. Actors, if you haven't already, don't forget to sign up to be listed in The New Mexico Actors Guide®. I've just recently extended the deadline to December 15, 2006 at 5:00pm. Send me an e-mail if you have any questions.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shenita,

    Take care of yourself; Hollywood ain't going anywhere.

    Sometimes we have to slow down in order to move forward. Happy Holidays!

    Stephon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...:)...Thanks for your continued support, Stephon.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete