Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Attention Starving Artists!

Okay you guys, I just wanted to share a hot tip with cha.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm always looking out for the best deals, AND since I'm always looking out for my peeps too, I thought I'd share. It's called the Grocery Game. Yes, the Grocery Game. (We all gotta eat right? And I'm sure several of ya'll have kids to feed like I do, so this will be well worth it.)

Now I have been an avid coupon clipper for years, so when my friend first e-mailed me about it, I was like, "I already do this stuff," but it wasn't until I went to the grocery store yesterday, that I became a true believer, and a life long member. I walked out with a cart full of groceries, and I only spent $61.71. I saved $65.56! Yes, can you believe that?!?

The first step is to sign up on the GG website. (They offer a $1 trial for 4 weeks for those of you who are already having second thoughts about reading the rest of this post...:)...just try the trial and see what happens.) The second step is to start purchasing the Sunday paper, and pulling out the coupons.

Each week the website will show you how to maximize your grocery shopping by pairing up the items on sale in your store, with coupons that come out in the Sunday papers each week (which Ralph's doubles by the way). Throw in your Ralphs Club Card, and with every grocery trip, you can save more money than you spend! (For all you non-Californians, Ralphs is one of our main grocery stores here in CA. Don't fret though, this website has lists for grocery stores all over the country.) Believe me, the money you end up spending on the Sunday paper, and to be a member on this website, will pay for itself your first week of shopping.

The cool thing about the website, is that it does all of the work for you, with the exception of actually clipping the coupons. You still have to do that...:)...If you've organized your coupons properly, all you have to do is go through them and pull out the one's you want to use each week. It's that simple! I always thought I was "lucky" when I happened to have a coupon for something that was on sale, but by using the Grocery Game to shop that way every week, the savings will definitely add up!...For example, yesterday I paid 50 cents for a tube of toothpaste, and 25 cents a piece for 6 bags of pasta. By Thanksgiving, I'm hoping that I will be under $40 a week for all of my groceries. (And that's for a family of 4!) The website also teaches you how to stockpile so you don't run out of things you know you will need. i.e. tissue, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.

If you decide to sign up for their free trial, please use this e-mail address as your referral: toddandshenita AT aol.com. Post any questions you might have to this thread. Also, make sure you come back to this post to share your success stories!

Still on the look out for us po' folk,

Shenita.

3 comments:

  1. Shelf: $183.64
    Saved: $87.79
    Spent: $95.85
    Percentage Saved: 48%

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week 3

    Ralph's:
    shelf: $146.84
    saved: $83.08 (57%)
    spent: $63.76

    CVS:
    shelf: $11.77
    saved: $6.55 (56%)
    spent: $5.22

    Week 4

    Ralph's:
    shelf: $111.15
    saved: $66.18 (60%)
    spent: $44.97

    CVS:
    shelf: $10.46
    saved: $5.00 (48%)
    spent: $5.46

    I also got my first CONGRATS! from the checker.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good. You are saving some serious money. I will check it out for New York and let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete