Friday, September 22, 2006

What Box?

VO Audition - 9/25/06 - H&R BLOCK & AMSTERDAM GIN

I forced myself to think outside of the box yesterday, and as a result, I submitted myself for a project that would require me to cut off all my hair. Not a trim, not a couple of inches, but completely. Yes, the role called for a woman who’d be willing to go bald! Now that I’ve submitted myself, I’m scared to death that they’re going to call me in. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

Within 30 minutes of submitting myself for the project above, I’m on the phone with one of my voice over agents. She’s asking me if I want to step even further outside of the box by reading for a few PlayBoy spots today. Agh, NO WAY!...:)...I ain’t that crazy! I can quickly see something like that coming back to haunt me one day.

After work yesterday my husband and I caught a matinee showing of GRIDIRON GANG. I’m not a huge fan of sports related movies, but this is definitely a must see! It was inspiring on many different levels. As an actor, I just love to see a slew of unknowns knock one out the park!...Pun intended...(Although this is a football movie, and not a baseball movie.)

Whatever! Have a great weekend!

Me.

3 comments:

  1. be careful what you wish for, right? ;-) would you really do it? i know i sure as hell couldn't so i didn't even submit on that breakdown, but if it pays off for you like it did for aisha hinds, yours truly might have to re-consider...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shenita, I'm with Frances on this one.....depending on what the payoff is....I shaved my head last year, just to shake things up,(easier for a guy, I know)it even got me a couple roles... and luckily it grew back...whew! B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully they never called, so I didn't have to make the decision!...:)...

    Thanks for the support though!

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete