Monday, April 10, 2006

Rainbows and Baby Dust

Not to sound like a broken record, but boy, life is chewing me up and spitting me out! I’m exhausted. I’ve had a lot of things going on lately, and I definitely haven’t been the same since the time change last Sunday. I will try to recap the past week as best I can.

Okay, so if you’ve never had the opportunity to see the play FOR COLORED GIRLS WHO HAVE CONSIDERED SUICIDE WHEN THE RAINBOW IS ENUF, then you’re in luck! As I mentioned in my last post, my husband and I were going to opening night of this play in Hollywood on 3/31. The show turned out to be phenomenal! (If you get the chance, please go show your support.) The play runs through the end of April, and features some celebrities, including RaeVen Larrymore Kelly and Charnele Brown.

The head teacher at my daughter’s preschool asked me some time ago if I would write an article on how children can get started in the entertainment industry for the school’s quarterly newsletter, which is due out this week. Since I get asked this question all the time anyway, as I’m sure many of you actors do, I thought it was well worth my time and effort to put my thoughts on paper for her. I tried not to sound too harsh, but it irks me beyond compare, that there's still so much naivete out there when it comes to this industry. I decided to break the article up into several parts. The first being: THE REALITY. CLICK HERE if you’d like to read what I wrote, and please, offer up your opinions and thoughts on the subject.

Just before the weekend, my friend Tann and I got an e-mail from AFTRA about the Pam Dixon CD Workshop we wanted to participate in last month. Pam decided to return this month (very nice gesture on her part), and AFTRA contacted the people who weren’t able to get into the workshop last month, to see if we wanted to come this time around. Although I would LOOOOVVVE to meet, and read for Ms. Dixon, I am too pregnant to do much of anything now-a-days, and Tann will be at rehearsal for her show that night, so we couldn't make it work.

I’m an auntie, again! My sister-in-law gave birth yesterday (4/9). I’m not sure if I mentioned this, but she was also pregnant. (Our oldest children are three months apart and are the best of friends, and these two, depending on when my little one decides to come, will be even closer in age.) Being at the hospital yesterday made me overly anxious about the arrival of my baby, and made me realize how I have less than two months to finish preparing for her big entry into the world. I’m also nervous, and on edge, about whether or not I will be a good mom to two little girls, instead of just one. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out...:)...

My sister-in-law and her family had just found out this past Friday (4/7) that they were accepted to tape an episode of BRINGING HOME BABY, a show on TLC, that documents the first days home with your newborn. But since the opening of the show is taped DURING the pregnancy, it’s unlikely that they’ll be able to go forward with the taping. It’s definitely a bummer, because I know it would have been fun for them, and I’m sure I would have gotten a few seconds of camera time, (as I plan to spend a lot of time at her house over the next few weeks) but the baby had her own agenda.

Oh well, maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment