Thursday, March 30, 2006

Another Month is Coming to an End.

Two days have gone by and I haven’t heard anything about ER. My hope is that the same thing that happened the last couple of times, will happen this time, in that for some reason there was a delay in production, and it took them longer than usual to get around to calling folks. I guess another good scenario would be that they’re saving me for a larger role, which would REALLY be cool. This waiting game, I know it all too well.

As for the Student Film I auditioned for last week, it doesn’t seem like anything is going to materialize from that. I guess that should have been expected. It’s very weird, I’ve ALWAYS kept myself in the talent books that they use at the Universities. I’ve gone in and auditioned for the directing classes at USC on several occasions. I was a member of the American Film Institute (AFI) for quite some time. I submit myself for all of the Indie Projects (little pay or no pay) that I think I’m right for, and for the life of me nothing ever happens from these. I can honestly say that I can count on two hands how many times I’ve actually auditioned for a Student Film, and on one hand how many times I’ve actually worked on one. I’ve NEVER auditioned for an AFI film, and as for Indie Projects, I've worked on just a couple. I don’t know what it is. I guess I shouldn’t feel too bad though. I would feel worse if it were the other way around, if I couldn’t get auditions for paying gigs!

Tomorrow night, my husband and I will be going to opening night of FOR COLORED GIRLS in Hollywood, the play that my friend Tann is in, and the play that is also being produced and directed by the Talent Manager I’ve been wooing as of late. It should be fun. It has been years since I’ve been to stage production. (Sad huh?)

So it's official, May 15th is the date that I’ve set for myself. It is the day that I will go on Maternity Leave from my day job, the day I will shut down my web design services (not sure if I ever mentioned that, in addition to everything else, I ALSO design websites in my spare time: www.areliwebdesign.com), and the day I’m booking myself out with my agents. In all honesty, I can’t wait. I’m tired. I need to rest, regroup, and just take care of my family and myself for a minute. I’ll still be doing some odds and ends, so you’ll see my face, but the pace I’m going at right now, will most definitely change. I'm hoping to resurface around July 1st.

Last, but most certainly not least, my girl Tanika booked an AFI gig yesterday! Woo-who. Gwone Girl! I’m so happy for her. I get really amped when I see fellow actors doing well. I’m one of those people that makes an effort to be as supportive as I can for all that are in this struggle. I’ve seen it from so many angles: as an actor, as an agent, as an agent’s assistant, as a manager’s assistant, and as a stage mom, so I have so much support for those who wake up each and every day and continue to pursue this dream. Just ask those actor friends of mine who are on my e-mail list...:)...If I get it, they get it. I’ve gotten so much feedback from people who’ve had great opportunities and experiences from something that I sent to them. It makes me feel really good. Anyway, enough with the stroking of my own ego, check out Tanika’s Blog for more information about her booking. She can tell the story much better than I can...:)...

I’m out...

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks, honey! You're making me blush! I am one of YOUR biggest fans, so please, keep the dream alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice of you to show concern for me Emma! It makes me feel loved...:)...

    I will be updating my blog today.

    ReplyDelete