Thursday, February 23, 2006

"I'm pissed!" Yes, I said "I'm pissed!"

VO Audition - 2/23/06 - CDW

Okay, you tell me how you would feel.

It’s been a week since I heard anything, so yesterday morning, I called my agent to see if I’m still on for Saturday (2/25) to tape GREY'S ANATOMY. I’m told, “We haven’t heard anything yet.” “Okay, thanks.” I take that, and decide I’ll wait another day to see if they “hear anything.” Flash forward to about two hours ago. I call my agent's office at 5:00pm, and there’s no answer. Hmmmm...strange don’t agencies usually stay open until 7:00pm-ish? Okay, so I leave a message asking what I’d asked the day prior. At the end of the message I say, “If I don’t hear something back from you guys shortly, I’ll just call production and see what I can find out myself. I have all of the numbers at home.” (I wasn’t rude or confrontational at all during the message.) So at around 6:30pm I call production and talk to a guy by the name of Tom. I explained to him who I was, and asked if he had any information he could provide to me. After being placed on hold twice, Tom came back saying that all production scheduled for Saturday (2/25) had been moved to Monday (2/27), and from what he could tell I wasn’t even scheduled to work at all, because he couldn’t find any paperwork for me. He said that he’d check into things tomorrow, and give my agent a call so that she could give me an update. (He was very nice, so that made me feel a little better about what he'd just told me.)

Now, I don’t mean to sound witchy, or hormonal, but shouldn’t my agent have known this information? After being on hold for two weeks, why is it Thursday night before I’m scheduled to shoot, and I’m just finding out I’m not only NOT working day after next, but now I might not be working at all?!? What I feel the bombshell is, is that I had to call production MYSELF to find this information out.

I’m too through. I’m sorry, I feel like I do everything that’s asked of me, so I deserve an agent who is going to have my back right? It’s simple, all I want to do is work as an actor. That’s it. I don’t want to have to crawl and beg and plead every step of the way to do so. Don’t I deserve better?

I know they're busy, so in their defense, I will say, by no means do I think this agent is bad, or the agency is bad, but I should have went with my first mind when I sent them a drop letter last month. They are just not a good fit for me anymore. Plain and simple.

I'm out.

3 comments:

  1. Crawling and begging to work is not for you, my darling. Your 10% is worth more than settling for unresponsive representation. You've made the right decision. Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are 100% right! Go find a better match for you. It shouldn't be too hard! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments ladies! They are greatly appreciated it. It really makes me feel like I'm not "over reacting" about the whole situation.

    Shenita.

    ReplyDelete