Friday, August 05, 2005

Just Trying to Stay Busy!

Last weekend, my husband and I went to see HUSTLE & FLOW. I thought it was such an amazing film. I loved it! I would really be surprised if most of the cast isn't nominated for their roles in this movie. When I see cinema such as this, it truly inspires me, and I begin to think: "Man, what do I need to do to be considered for roles such as these?" Hopefully the answer to that question will come sooner, rather than later!...:)...

Although, I'm starving for an audition, I did get to live vicariously through my 3 year old yesterday. She went to her first audition in about a year and a half. (Long story short: She used to audition, and work quite a bit, as a baby/toddler, but when she started developing her personality, and I realized she was becoming shy and timid, I pulled her out. She started to cry during her auditions, so I knew that wasn't a good sign!) Her revisit to the industry came from my VO agents, they were reading 3 to 5 year olds for the role of Thumper's Little Sister, and they asked if I wanted to bring her in. At first I was hesitant, but I decided I'd take her to see what would happen. Let's just say, sista girl made mama proud!

See with VO's, we're in a sound booth, so there's an advantage, because as far as she was concerned, no one else could hear or see us. We did 2 takes, and I really think she did a fantabulous job. Even if she doesn't booked this role, I'm so proud of her, and I'm confident that my agents will continue to bring her in.

I was scheduled to have my headshots redone tomorrow, but unfortunately, because of a financial snafu...(Okay, I'm broke alright?!?)...I had to reschedule for August 20th. The photographer was cool about it, and since he shoots digitally, I think the turnaround time should be fairly quick. I think in the meantime, I will scrape together the change to have my Demo Reel redone and upload a clip of it on Actors Access and LA Casting. Several friends of mine who have done this say they are really seeing a noticeable increase in the amount of auditions they're getting, so I figure I might as well give it a shot!

I got a call yesterday from Carol H. Williams, they are the Ad Agency that I did the Pantene VO spot for a couple of months ago, they are finally putting my copy of the spot in the mail! YES! So a new VO Reel will be coming soon too.

I got an e-mail today from a newspaper journalist who'd like to write an article about me! Cool huh? That'll be the 2nd article for the press kit that I have in the works. (I'll post it as soon as I get a copy.) If you haven't seen the 1st article, then check out the NEWS page of my website for the link. The 3rd press kit entry will be the Actor's Book I mentioned a while back, the author is still working on that one, so it'll probably be a little while before I can post it.

I also got a call today from my Theatrical Agency saying they were running low on headshots and resumes. That's always a good sign right?...

Last Saturday my STRONG MEDICINE appearance re-aired, and this Sunday my GREY’S ANATOMY appearance will re-air.

So, although I'm not auditioning right now, I'm still keeping pretty busy, so it's all good.

I'm praying for a busy FALL SEASON!

Peace and Hair Grease...

No comments:

Post a Comment