Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Summer Summertime...

TV Audition – SCOUNDRELS – 05/09/10
Film Audition – NOBODY DON’T LOVE NOBODY – 05/12/10
Film Audition – LEMONADE MOUTH – 06/08/10

When most of us think of summertime, it's filled with 90 degree weather, hammocks, large glasses of iced tea or lemonade, and too many BBQ invitations to count. If that’s the case, why am I feeling so darned overwhelmed and stressed lately?!? Could it be that I have TOO many great and wonderful things going on at once?

You can ask my parents, I’ve always been one for filling my plate to the brim, and then running around like a crazy woman trying to get things done and on time. Lol.

Last week I returned to ABQ from a 2 ½ week trip to Los Angeles with the family. Much of the trip was leisure, but yes, at least 1/3 of it was business. One of the first things I did while there was meet up with the women behind the short film JEREMIAH. (JEREMIAH is the film I'm currently Associate Producing.) Wonderful progress has been made with this project, and we’re now planning to shoot later this summer.

While in Los Angeles, I was also able to attend several events:

  • The Aesthetic Everything Hot Sexy Beautiful Gifting Suite at the BH Country Club in Beverly Hills. (6/4)
  • The Let's Kick It For Kenya Charity Event at Eleven Nightclub in West Hollywood. (6/4) - See photo.
  • The F.A.M.E. 2010 MOVIE AWARDS Afterparty at the Sofitel Hotel in Los Angeles. (6/7) - See photo.
  • The 2010 Columbia University Film Festival at CAA in Century City. (6/10) - See photo.

Actually, I attend a couple of events here in ABQ just before I left as well:

  • The YDI Mi Voz Spirits of Enchantment Premiere (5/16)
  • The 2010 New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase (5/13) - See photo.

Be sure to scope additional photos from these events (some of which include a few celebrities and I – i.e. Fabio, Jeff Timmons, and Efren Ramirez) on my Facebook and MySpace pages.

Another fantabulous thing I was able to do while in Los Angeles was throw a mega birthday bash for my youngest: Kenyah, who turned 4 earlier this month. Yes, my little mama is not so little anymore. :')…

Currently, I'm gearing up for a day job interview later this week, setting up meetings with some NM filmmakers, reading scripts, and working on a Query Letter to submit to a publisher in NYC for my book series, which is about 90% completed! Yippee! I’m also dancing around the idea of returning to school (again) this coming Fall, so that I can FINALLY get this degree thing on lock. We’ll see though.

So, I guess it’s not so bad to stay super busy. After all, you know what they say about idle hands...

Shenita Moore
www.shenitamoore.com
www.myspace.com/shenitamoore

www.imdb.com/name/nm1145611

No comments:

Post a Comment