Sunday, January 03, 2010

Ringing in the New Decade...

VO Audition – Cesari Direct – 12/23/09

I’ll start by saying: “HAPPY NEW YEAR!” I hope that you all enjoyed the Holiday Season. I had a wonderful time. I was fortunate enough to spend it with friends and family out at my dad’s farm. YES, the kids got more than they needed under the Christmas Tree. YES, I gained a couple of pounds. And, YES, I’m planning on getting back in the gym ASAP. Same as last year. Lol.

Besides the holiday rush, I’ve been busy, very busy working. Among other things I've been planning the QVW Screening, managing Mass Appeal and writing a proposal for a new producing venture I’d like to start in 2010.

A few of my highlights for the last couple of months include:
  • In late October, when I flew back to Los Angeles for the Breast Cancer Luncheon I was the Mistress of Ceremony for, I also attended the 4th Annual Love Your Body Day Launch Party in Hollywood. Here is footage from that party: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC8LKzxxSL8.
  • In November I attended a comedy show starring Steven Michael Quezada, which most of the BREAKING BAD cast and crew attended. The show was hilarious, and it was fun meeting and hanging out with everyone. That night Bryan Cranston also gave me a bit of acting advice. INTERESTING TIDBIT: The following week, just before Thanksgiving, I ran into Bryan at LAX, and he remembered meeting me the week before. We chatted for a couple of minutes. Really nice guy. ;)…
  • In December I attended a screening of an indie film called A LONELY PLACE FOR DYING. The film was pretty good and definitely inspired me to continue in my filmmaking endeavors. I also got to meet some of the local industry folk in Albuquerque.
  • Find more pictures from the events above on my website or any of my pages.

Other Stuff:

  • Meeting with an organization this week to discuss the new producing venture I have in mind. It involves theater. Say a little pray for me!
  • Got a few other things in the fire. Producing, acting and otherwise. Just keeping the lid on until there’s something more to say…:)…

Lastly, after almost 5 years of blogging, I must admit that I’m so happy to have such a trusted group of readers. You guys really encourage me to keep at it and to follow my dreams. I encourage each and every one of you to do the same.

Live long and prosper!

Shenita Moore
www.shenitamoore.com
www.myspace.com/shenitamoore
www.imdb.com/name/nm1145611

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I am so excited to hear all the stuff you're accomplishing. And I cannot wait for your screening so we can finally meet in person. Looking forward to seeing the film and supporting another female artist making her mark on Hollywood. Here's wishing you a very successful 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Hollie. Ditto! :)...

    Shenita.

    ReplyDelete