Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April's Fool...

My schedule has been very busy as of late. No, not with auditions, with the other stuff that comes along with being a struggling actor...:)...Most notably: NETWORKING!

A couple of weeks ago (3/19) I attended another event with Kendra that was hosted by Tony Rock. This time it was at the Blue Velvet Lounge in Los Angeles. It was cool. I got to rub elbows with folks like Rodney Perry and Barry Floyd (The Game), but this was definitely more of a party atmosphere than a networking event. (And, it was on a Thursday night, so you know I was absolutely exhausted the next morning!) Two days later (3/21), Chenese (a new friend that Kendra introduced to me to at Tony's event) and I hit up Tanya Kersey's Birthday Party at the Bungalow Club. I had a great time at this party AND I was able to get my network on. I can't wait to attend the HBFF this year!...:)...

Pictured below are:
  • Chenese Lewis and I at The Classics: A Celebration of the Greatest Music from the 70's, 80's, and 90's Party hosted by Tony Rock.
  • Willie Macc, Chenese Lewis, and I at Tanya Kersey's Birthday Party.
  • Willie Macc, Chenese Lewis, Charles Belk, and I at Tanya Kersey's Birthday Party.
  • Steven Palmer, Willie Macc, Chenese Lewis, Charles Belk, Tanya Kersey, and I at Tanya Kersey's Birthday Party.
  • Cecy Galvan and I at Tanya Kersey's Birthday Party.
  • Tanya Kersey and I at her Birthday Party.
  • TJ Murdock, Chenese Lewis, Lester Speight, and I at Tanya Kersey's Birthday Party.






This past Saturday (3/28), Chenese and I attended the Sistas are doin' it for Themselves Film Festival at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood. This event was organized by the Black Hollywood Education & Resource Center. I can't even begin to tell you how motivated I am after attending this event! The films were wonderful. The filmmakers were wonderful. The event was wonderful. I even ran into Michelle Coons (the writer/director of LET'S TALK) there. (Remember my audition mishap with that film?!?) From what I understand Gina Prince-Bythewood was in the audience too. Anywho, the funny thing is, I'd just had the thought (a couple of weeks ago) that I'd like to do a webisode and/or short film for myself, so this event really helped solidify my desire to move forward with creating my own project(s). We'll see how things develop.

Last, but certainly not least, I was recently approached by a non profit group here in Los Angeles to be the Keynote Speaker at an event they are having this fall. I'm really amped about it. I'm a little nervous because this will be my first time as a public speaker, but I love the challenge of doing new things, so it should be a lot of fun. I will keep you posted regarding the details of the event as the date approaches. I'd love for you guys to come out and support me!

I think that's it for now.

I hope everyone is doing well on this wonderful spring day!...:)...

P.S. I became an auntie for the 18th time on Monday! Woo Hoo!

Shenita Moore
www.shenitamoore.com/
www.myspace.com/shenitamoore
www.imdb.com/name/nm1145611

No comments:

Post a Comment