Monday, March 02, 2009

Fellow Actors...

...do you think you could have had an audition like this at just 11 years old? I can say with all honesty that I could not have!...:)...




By the way, in case you didn't know, Keisha Castle-Hughes had never acted before this, AND she was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in this movie [Whale Rider].

So, speaking of the Oscars, the Runway Magazine Oscar Gifting Suites was the only thing I was able to do the other weekend. We got there too late on Friday (2/20) night, so we returned on Saturday (2/21) afternoon. I was really amazed at how much there is to learn about the "machine" that is Gifting Suites. The upside is that you can meet plenty of cool people, make great connections, take lots of photos, do some interviews, and hopefully get free "gifts". The down side is that if you're not recognizable, and you don't have someone on hand to introduce you to folks (i.e. your publicist), you really have to work your butt off to get any results.

That being said, I didn't get much by way of "gifts," but I think part of the reason behind that was because some people who did get stuff were being kind of, ahhh what's the word: GREEDY!...:)...(I over heard more than a few people talking about how they'd stocked up the day before.) Anywho, the one thing I did bring home was this really cool reusable dry cleaning garment bag called The Globo Bag. If you do a lot of dry cleaning, and want to do your share to help clean up our planet, get your own at http://www.agreenday.org/!

I'm still waiting for pics and interviews to be sent to me from this event, but in the meantime, here's a photo that was taken with my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment