Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Living the Hollywood Life!...:)...

Feature Film Audition – FRIENDSHIP– 11/10/08

Hey guys, thanks for continuing to check in with me!

Okay, so the last week has been crazy busy. First off, to catch you up on my auditions, the feature film audition above was through my New Mexico agent. Man, I'm really hoping to book this job so that I can work! I'm sending out **positive vibes** right now! I found out late last week that MY NAME IS EARL went on without me...:(...I'm going to guess it was because I was too young for the role, because I know I knocked that audition out of the park. And how often do you hear me say that?...:)...Hopefully they'll bring me in for something else in the near future. In other news, I was chatting with my writer/producer friend B.J. this morning, and it looks like she's getting several of her projects picked up. I'm so excited for her, because she really deserves this. I'm also excited about the possibility of working on one of her projects. So, We'll see what happens.

Rewind to last Friday night (11/7), Todd and I went to a screening of my friend George Loving Jackson's movie, called THEY LOVE ME. George wrote, produced, and starred in this project, and I really have to give him his kudos! I think that he did a great job, considering it was his first time out. I'm always happy to support my friends/peers who have the courage to create their own stuff. Hopefully one day I'll have some of that courage!...:)...

After church on Sunday afternoon (11/9), Kendra invited me to tag along with her and her cousin, Keith David, to the closing performance of Ebony Repertory Theatre's staged play TWO TRAINS RUNNING. Believe me when I say that this play was amazing, and so very inspiring! After the show, I was talking to a few of the actors about how hard 2008 had been on the industry, and how much they'd just inspired me to keep forging ahead. In which Earl Billings looked at me and said: "You can't quit acting! God has put this on your heart, you can't give it up!" Very cool right?!? So, with Mr. Billings' words of wisdom, I am determined to keep moving forward...:)...Here are but a few of the photos I took that afternoon. If you'd like to see more, they can be found on my MySpace page, and eventually on my Website.

Lastly, last night (11/11), I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to attend a live concert performance with International Recording Artist Jesse Campbell at the Aqua Lounge in Beverly Hills. I was a VIP guest, which was very cool, and Jesse's performance was amazing. I had a blast! I told him, as we posed together for pictures together, that I'd been a fan of his music for quite some time, and I that I think he has "voice like silk," which he does...:)...I'm definitely looking forward to supporting his comeback, and I think you should too. Click here to visit his MySpace page for more information and his upcoming performances. I'm working on getting pictures of last nights event, and will post them as soon as I do.

Luv you guys!

- Shenita.

No comments:

Post a Comment