Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just another HUMP DAY!...

No word on any of the auditions as of yet. Actually, I think the two in New Mexico have been cast already, and unfortunately, I had to skip the UNTITLED Student Film audition. Hopefully I'm still in the running for the other Student Film project and the Voice Over. Only time will tell.

In other news, until I can get new photography (again!) I'm re-adding one of my old pics to the mix to see if some auditions might come my way. Frankly, I'll be honest, I'm beyond baffled as to why I have not had a single TV/Film/Commercial audition in over 3 months here in Los Angeles. I'll just say this, I'm getting older and with that comes impatience. I mean I'm finally to a point in my career where I think I have what it takes to make it, but I'm just not very good at surrounding myself with people who believe in my talent as much as I do. As a result, I end up with a lot of time wasted and opportunities lost, and I just don't know what to do about it. It seems like it's an endless cycle that I can not break free of!

Anyway, yesterday morning, I was down in the dumps again. (What else is new right?!?) Thinking to myself, "AAGH! You know what? Forget all this acting crap! I'm so sick and tired of working myself to the bone, and feeling like every time I take two steps forward, days later I'm taking ten steps back! I'm spending money I don't have. Submitting myself left and right on one liners, student films, and even extra work, and nothing is happening! I give up!" But then, (and here comes the silver lining) I really have to thank God because whenever I'm feeling like that, he does something to show me it's not time to give up just yet. So, last night (10/28) when I attended a SAG Foundation Workshop with Ms. Rosemary Welden, it turned out to be the best workshop "performance" I've had to date, and I walked out of there feeling really good again.

I just have to constantly remind myself that there will be days when I'm down in the dumps and feeling low, but deep down inside I have to hold strong and believe that something great is just around the corner, and that there is a reason why I'm supposed to keep doing this. I just hope, wish, and pray that it will get here SOON! VERY SOON!...:)...Cuz a sista is worn out!

Anywho, before I go, I gotta do a quick plug for my friend Joe Peracchio. He's currently starring in the show EASY MONEY (which airs on the CW) alongside Laurie Metcalf. You can check it out on Sunday nights at 9pm. And yes, in case your wondering, it shoots in New Mexico, or "Little Hollywood" as I like to call it. Speaking of "Little Hollywood" you would not believe how many Los Angeles actors have been picking my brain about New Mexico lately. So, if you're soon to be one of them, you can find more info about the New Mexico industry here!...:)...In all honesty, as an actor, New Mexico is not a bad place to be right now, and if my husband wasn't so dead set on staying here in Los Angeles, I can honestly say that I would have gone back there years ago! Hey, who's to say what the future holds!...;)...

Have a great Hump Day!

- Shenita.

No comments:

Post a Comment