Saturday, July 19, 2008

BOOKED LA Universal Preschool VO!

So, the MANEATER audition the other day went very well, with the exception of me being almost an hour late for it. (OMG!) Long story short, it took me almost 2 hours to get to Sherman Oaks, thanks to the nightmare that is the 405 Freeway. It also didn't help that my audition was at 4:45pm in the afternoon. Fortunately the CD was super nice, so I was able to get in and out pretty much unscathed. Hopefully some good news, by way of a callback, is in my near future.

Friday (7/18) turned out to be interesting as well, to say the least. It all started with Kenyah and I innocently accompanying Taya-Morgan to her early morning swim class. While we were there, I got a call from a Voice Over agent that I'm working with out of Portland, OR. (Not sure if I've mentioned them yet, because it's still very new...:)...) At any rate, they called asking if I was FI-Core because there was a Non-Union job up for grabs, and they wanted to know if I could do it later that day. I explained that I was not FI-Core, and we left it at that. About 30 minutes later, they called me back saying the job had been switched to Union status, and they wanted to know if I still wanted to do it. OF COURSE!...:)...

So, after swim class, the kids and I high tailed it home to freshen up, and then we were off to Burbank. When we got to the studio, not only did the folks running the session graciously allow my girls to come back so that they could watch mommy at work, but it also ended up being 2 spots instead of just 1 spot. Cool! The commercials are for a First 5 LA program called LAUP, so they might run pretty heavily here in Los Angeles. We'll see.

After that was all said and done, the girls and I were driving home, really anticipating a satisfying lunch and an afternoon nap, when we get a call from the girls' agent wanting to know if I could rush Taya-Morgan to Hollywood for a last minute Jimmy Kimmel Live audition. Of course I agreed to it, and as we started in that direction, it occurred to me that I needed to check her work permit because it had been a while since she'd been out on anything. Expired. Drats! Although we didn't get to make that particular audition, I must say the last two days have been the most activity I've seen in Hollywood in several weeks. Now, if only this whole SAG pending strike issue can be resolved, I might see more of this type of action this summer!...:)...Speaking of pending strike, what do you guys think about it? Talk to me!

On the horizon for me? Might rock the braids again for a minute, to see if that will mix up the pot a little, and my new demo reel should be done soon.

I'll holla!

S.

2 comments:

  1. I'm consistently amazed at how you manage an acting career with two children. It's truly admirable. I just have myself to take care of and it's hard. Glad to hear things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Amie, it always helps to get a pat on the back every once in a while!...:)...But I most certainly don't do it all on my own, I have a wonderful husband who picks up where I leave off.

    Thanks for reading!

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete