Thursday, January 24, 2008

Is it too late to say HAPPY NEW YEAR?!?

VO Audition – STATE FARM & OSCAL - 1/9/08
VO Audition – CHEVY MALIBU – 1/18/08

OMG! It’s been how long since I’ve written on here? Wow. Okay, so, what’s been going on with me you ask? Well, let’s start where we left off:

The holidays went wonderfully well. I saw the family, ate too much, and got some great gifts.

My web design business has completely taken off, so much so that I’ve had to bring some people on board to help me with my work load. That is definitely NOT a bad thing. Getting help has taken a lot of pressure off my shoulders, and it feels good to have other people helping me out, you know, so that I can be prepared should I have to take time off to shoot a feature or something like that...:)...Yes, I’m calling it as though it were!

In Showbiz News:

I’ve been doing many things in preparation of the strike ending. So, because I need some new ones, I took some headshots about two weeks ago. I will share them soon, you know once the airbrushing is done...:)...

Earlier this month, I stopped production on my guide because nm actors just weren’t feeling it, and it was taking up a major chunk of my time. Interestingly enough, just a couple of days ago, actor GREG SERANO (a regular on WILDFIRE) called me to talk about what it was all about. Turns out he has an acting studio in ABQ, and wanted to discuss the possibility of how we could help each other get the word out about our ventures. I explained to him that I’d given up on the guide, and told him that I’d let him know should I ever feel the need to resurrect it. In the meantime though, I have no problems with pitching his class for him. So if you’re in the area, give him a call: 505.803.9501! The cost of the class sounds very reasonable, and if you’re an aspiring actor, you should be running to study with a working actor!

Speaking of calls, a local business man contacted me, after reading my blog, with a very, very interesting proposition. I will divulge more on this later if/when we move forward with it.

I got some really good SAG lovin’ last week, and boy was it a surprise! And, as an added bonus, (in preparation of the SAG Awards) I’ve received tons of free movies right at my doorstep: INTO THE WILD, HAIRSPRAY, and NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN to name a few. I voted online this morning for the Awards, and almost contemplated purchasing tickets to go to the show, until I found out that not only do you have to be INVITED to buy tickets, but they’re $600 a piece! I don’t think so. I guess I’ll be waiting until I’m officially invited. Maybe next year...:)...

So, anyhow, backtracking to the morning of my photo shoot. I went to have my hair done, and from where I was sitting, I noticed that a tall young man was eyeballing me from across the way. After a few minutes of him looking at me, and obviously talking about me to the person that was cutting his hair, I asked him what was up. (Not in a rude way of course, but you know how I do.) Turns out he recognized me as an actor. We ended up talking for a few minutes, and I found out that he is an filmmaker/actor as well, and, strangely enough, he knows one of my brothers-in-law. Small world.

Along those same lines, my mom has this co-worker who’s been stressing her for an autograph photo of me. Freaky. At any rate, I dropped one in the mail for her yesterday.

I’m still ironing out the kinks with my new VO reel, I hope to be posting that soon.

“Yes!” I’ll admit that sometimes I GOOGLE myself, which I think is okay, because I tend to come across new stuff. Case in point: http://www.reel.com/movie.asp?MID=148097. Although I’m sure I won’t be getting any residuals from this, I thought it was cool.

Last week I had the opportunity to meet BRANDY NORWOOD and her family (RAY J included) at a church sponsored event. She was really cool. I was able to get a great photo with her, which a friend of mine took. But, for some reason he is seriously procrastinating about sending it to me. Once I get it, I’ll post it up.

Last, but certainly not least, my heartfelt prayers go out to HEATH LEDGER and his family. Such a tragic loss.

So, I guess that’s about it this time around.

Til next time,

Shenita.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! You're back...I was starting to think the blogosphere lost another cool blogger. Glad to hear you're just busy making things happen. I'm going to have to get new headshots so email me and let me know who you shot with.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hollie!

    Wow, I didn't know I was missed that much!...:)...Thanks for the support. I shot with Eli Goodman. www.ekgphoto.com.

    - Shenita.

    ReplyDelete