Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!...:)...

My day started out a little rocky because Ms. Kenyah was clearly not interested in taking pictures today. She was in a bad mood, and I don't think there was much that I could have done to have changed that. It was nap time and she was fussy. When we were leaving however, they did tell me that they were able to get some shots that they could use. I'm really hoping that that was true, because things like that tend to make me stress out, and feel bad. But, at the end of the day, she's just a baby, and I have to remember that.

At any rate, my day got better, and I was really loving life as my husband and I shared a lovely dinner for two at Houston's. Bon apetit!...:)...

P.S. I wrote last week about how my daughter and I saw THE GOLDEN COMPASS at a SAG screening, and as I'm sure you can imagine, I have since caught wind of all of the controversy that's surrounded the film. To keep it brief, I will say that, as a Christian, I believe that I can not stand in judgement of anyone and their beliefs. No matter what they are. I can only teach them what I know and believe, if they are interested, and should I ever have the opportunity to do so. With that being said, as an actor, when I watch a film, or anything for that matter, I see it as entertainment, and a chance for me to see what other actors are creating. Plain and simple. As a result, I (personally) don't feel as if the back story of this movie/book has any baring on my psyche and/or religious beliefs. The movie did what I expected it to do: entertain my daughter and I.

Shenita.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I celebrated today so we're fellow Sagitarians (?). Off to indulge in sangria and paella. Hope this year brings great things.

    ReplyDelete